Users with Disabilities
William Madison Randall Library at the University of North Carolina Wilmington (UNCW) is committed to providing equal access to all library resources and collections for all library patrons. Randall Library’s policy is to provide, whenever possible, arrangements that enable library patrons with disabilities to work independently. Where independent use of library services and collections are difficult, Randall Library will make provisions, as needed, to facilitate access and use of the Library’s resources and collections. Randall Library collaborates with UNCW's Disability Resource Center and is committed to upholding the letter and spirit of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
- Parking: The University provides handicap permit parking spaces in the two parking lots closest to Randall Library. See UNCW's Parking and Transportation site for more information: http://uncw.edu/parking/.
- Building Entrance: The main entrance is wheelchair accessible and has automatic doors.
- Ramps: Randall Library is accessible to wheelchairs via wheelchair ramps. Additionally, there are electronically operated sliding doors located at the library’s entrance.
- Elevators: A publicly accessible elevator to the second floor is located to the left of the Circulation Desk.
- Remote Book Drop Box: A remote book drop box is available to the left of the library’s main entrance as well as in the main library parking lot.
- Restrooms: Wheelchair-accessible restrooms are located throughout the building.
- Any user needing special assistance, wishing to contact the library via telephone, may use Relay North Carolina to communicate with library staff. Relay North Carolina is a free service that provides full telephone accessibility to people who are deaf, hard-of-hearing, deaf-blind, and speech-disabled. Just dial 7-1-1 to connect. The phone number of the Research Help Desk is: 910-962-7810; Toll Free: 1-866-377-8309.