- Get Help
- My Courses
- Using the Library
- Borrowing, Renewing & Fines
- Finding & Getting Materials
- Interlibrary Loan
- Computers, Printing & Copying
- Information for...
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Tools & Widgets
- Library Spaces
- Reserve Group Study Room
- Floor Maps & Virtual Tour
- Learning Commons
- My Library Account
- About Us
Services for UNCW Students with Disabilities
Additional Assistance and Scheduling Appointments
- For your convenience and so that the librarians may serve all patrons equally, it is preferred that students requiring additional assistance schedule an appointment with the Library. Scheduling an appointment will guarantee that you obtain the assistance you need when you want it. Assistance is only offered Monday through Friday or as staff availability allows.
- Patrons with disabilities in need of additional assistance may schedule appointments by filling out the form at least one (1) business day in advance (Monday - Friday). Please fill out this form to schedule an appointment.
- For assistance in typing a paper or performing research that does not require the use of Randall Library, the student or faculty member should contact UNCW Disability Services.
- Patrons must know the necessary page numbers of books and citations to journal articles for the items they need photocopied. The amount of time needed depends on staff availability. It is preferred that patrons make an appointment if needing assistance, and do not have a Reader (see Readers Program above).
- Please fill out this form to schedule an appointment. If patrons have not made an appointment for the Pull Service, they may leave their list at the Help Desk and come back in a specified amount of time. You will be charged for photocopies when you pick up your materials.
- If making photocopies without the Photocopying Service, users must use the the UNCW One Card. There is one photocopier that uses coins and it is located to the left of the Circulation Desk. Change is available at the Circulation Desk. Copies are $.10 per copy with the UNCW One Card and $.15 per copy at the coin-operated machine. Microform copiers are located in the Reference Area and they take change or your UNCW One Card. The cost is $.10 per copy. Two UNCW One Card operated copiers are located in the Learning Commons near the Help Desk and one is located in the back of the library near TAC.
- UNCW One Card deposits may be made at the Value Transfer Station, located across from the Circulation Desk.
- We do not provide "cut and scan" of books. We will not break the spine of a library book and scan the entire contents. We will work with students to provide alternate access.
- For UNCW students who need assistance in retrieving books and journals from the shelves, Randall Library staff will assist them if time permits. Patrons must know the call numbers of the books and know which volumes are needed for journals. The amount of time needed depends on staff availability. It is preferred that patrons make an appointment if needing assistance, and do not have a Reader (see Readers Program above).
- Fill out this form to schedule and appointment. If patrons have not made an appointment for the Pull Service, they may leave their list at the Help Desk and come back in a specified amount of time.
- Students registered with Disability Services are eligible for document delivery of items in our collection whether that means scanning and delivering electronically or retrieving and mailing.
- Students eligible to use this service must choose Distance Education as their Status (to change your status, log onto Interlibrary Loan, click "Change User Information").