Includes 2 million digitized entries from Oxford’s Dictionaries, Companions, Encyclopedias, Essential Quotations and Timelines. Oxford Reference is the premier online reference product, spanning 25 different subject areas.
Functionality to expand your research:
- Annotation Functionality: Select text to highlight and annotate with your own notes. Sign into your Personal Profile where your annotations can be stored and managed under “My Work”.
- Oxford Dictionaries Online widget: Double click a word and see the free definition in Oxford Dictionaries Online
- The Oxford Index Underbar: The silver tool at the bottom of your browser offers free search and discovery by generating links to related content from across Oxford’s online resources.
Flexible user experience:
- Tools to Refine Your Search: Narrow your search/browse results with a multitude of subject or reference type filters and select “Book” or “Entry” to see your results displayed in your preferred format. Choose to see “Full Text Results Only” by checking the box on the search results page.
- Options for Customization: Keep your research organized by saving your research journey, favorite titles, and entries in your “Personal Profile,” located in the top right-hand corner.
- Share Content: With integrated tools including social bookmarking, email, and citation export
Discoverable research tools:
- Overview pages: Over 300,000 pages defining each unique term in Oxford Reference, with links to related entries.
- Timelines: 270 historic timelines organized by time period, area, and theme, with each event linked to an entry in Oxford Reference
- Quotations: Oxford Essential Quotations is always unlocked and accessible to global users
- 'Did you know?' feed sends facts and quotations straight to your email, providing free content to post on libraries social media feeds
- Feature articles, written by Oxford Reference contributors
Oxford University Press