Library FAQ - Faculty Information
- Fill out this form.
- If you are putting a personal copy on reserve, bring the item(s) to the Circulation desk.
- If you have questions or need assistance, please contact the Reserves office at 962.7692 or rlcirculation [at] uncw [dot] edu.
The following equipment is available to check out at TAC on the first floor of Randall Library:
- Laptop computers (Dell and Apple) – 6-hour checkout for students
- Headphones – 6-hour checkout for students / faculty / staff
*eReaders are available at the Circulation Desk for a 14-day checkout only by UNCW students, staff, and faculty.
Off-campus access to UNCW Randall Library’s licensed Databases such as EbscoHost, JSTOR, ScienceDirect and Course Reserves is limited to UNCW students, staff and faculty who authenticate or use the campus VPN. To access these resources from off-campus, start at the library website and use the links provided on our Articles & Databases page, or in our Library Catalog.
- When you select a licensed resource from our website, you will be prompted to log in.
To log in, please enter:
- Your campus username (email address without the @xxxx.edu)
- Your campus (email) password
- Click the button for UNC Wilmington
- Once logged in, you will be automatically transferred to the resource you selected.
Yes, By using the VPN (Virtual Private Network) you can access licensed Databases such as JSTOR and EbscoHost from off-campus locations as if you were on campus; allowing you access without having to log on.
Visit ITSD's website for instructions & the downloadable VPN client.
Visit this webpage to fill out a form to schedule a session, and get more information about our services.
Please visit the Liaison Librarian directory page to find your librarian.
- To reserve, Randall Library #2005 please contact noonand [at] uncw [dot] edu (Daniel Noonan) at 910-962-3928.
- More about Distance Education & Video Network Services
Retired faculty, staff, and trustees of UNCW may borrow materials from the collections upon presentation of a valid UNCW identification card.
- Visit the UNCW One Card Office in the Warwick Center to get a new retiree ID card made.
- Bring the new One Card to the Library’s Circulation Desk and request library access as a retiree. A staff member will set up a new account in our library system and that will enable your library access.
After you complete the steps above, you can log into the library:
- Visit the Library’s homepage at library.uncw.edu and select My Library Account.
- Under “Other Registered Borrower” section on the right, enter your last name, UNIV ID number (from your new OneCard) and your PIN on the right hand and click the Submit button. If you have not set up a PIN, follow the link to do so.
- Upon successful registration, your Library Record should appear. You may then navigate back to library.uncw.edu to search resources or renew items checked out.
Suggest a Purchase: Use this form to suggest a book, video, sound recording or other material that the Randall Library might purchase.
- UNCW faculty, staff and and students are eligible to request materials not owned by Randall Library through Interlibrary Loan (ILL).
- First time users will enter their name, address, and other personal information into the system only once, at the time of their first request. Thereafter, you log in with your UNCW username and password and need only enter the bibliographic information for your requests.
- Whenever possible, documents are delivered electronically to your ILL account (you will receive email notification).
- Users can check the status of your request(s) through their Interlibrary Loan account.
If you are a UNCW Student, Staff or Faculty, you login to your Library Account by entering:
- Your campus username (UNCW email address without the @uncw.edu)
- Your campus email password
- Click the button for UNC Wilmington