- Get Help
- My Courses
- Using the Library
- Borrowing, Renewing & Fines
- Finding & Getting Materials
- Interlibrary Loan
- Computers, Printing, Copying & Scanning
- Information for...
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Tools & Widgets
- Library Spaces
- Reserve Group Study Room
- Floor Maps & Virtual Tour
- Information Literacy Portal
- Learning Commons
- My Library Account
- About Us
Library FAQ - Visitor Information
Community Visitors to Randall Library
Click on the links below to find answers to your frequently asked questions about using Randall Library!
As a student in the UNC system, you are eligible for a free Cooperative Borrower's card as long as you are in good standing with your home university's library. Please see our policy page for further details and requirements.
Yes, Randall Library is a public facility and welcomes high school students to use its information resources in the building. View our High School Students policy for more information.
In order to use your borrowing privileges, you need to present a valid form of identification at check-out such as the University OneCard for faculty, staff, or students, a borrower's card for non-UNCW users, or a state-issued picture identification card (e.g., a driver's license).
Click here for more information on borrowing policies, including how to get a borrower's card.
- Five guest computer stations are located on the first floor of the library.
- Guests must register for a free account at the Circulation Desk.
- The session time limit on these computers is one hour, and guests are limited to a total of two hours daily.
- Guests can reserve a computer station using the reservation computer located in the guest computer area.
- These computers have internet access and MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access software. There is no other software available on these computers.
- Guests must purchase a copy/print card for $1.00 at the value transfer station near the Circulation Desk.
- Guests must also add money to the card before using the Guest iPrint station.
- Printing costs are $.15 per page (b&w), $.50 per page (color)
- The print station is located next to the guest computer area.
- Instructions on printing are available at each guest workstation.
Yes. Just select “seahawkguest” from your wireless connections on your laptop.
Guest computer users can save materials either by emailing to your personal email account (ex. Yahoo, Gmail...) or by saving to a CD ROM or a flash drive (you will need to bring your own). Guests computers are not equipped with floppy or zip drives and do not allow downloading software.
Copying charges are $.10 per page at the coin copier and $.15 when the guest card is used. UNCW students can use their iPrint money to make copies for $.08 per page.
- Color printing is available from all iPrint stations. You may choose to print in color from any of the library’s computers, including those for guests.
- When sending the print job, select the COLOR print driver (the default is the B&W driver).
- Pick up your print job
- Color copies cost .40 cents/page for Students, Staff & Faculty.
- Guest printing costs are .50 cents/page for color.
- If you are not a UNCW student, faculty or staff member, you can use the Visitor's Lot (Lot M) located off Riegal Road and Price Drive (near the intramural fields).
- There are also a few metered spaces in the lot on the north side of the library (Lot D) off Randall Drive.
- More information on parking can be found at http://uncw.edu/parking/visitors.htm
- Photocopiers are located on the first floor of the library in the Learning Commons.
- There is one coin operated copier near the Circulation Desk.
- All other copiers require a UNCW One Card or guest card. They can be found in the Learning Commons.
- Copying charges are .15 per page (coin copier), .10 per page (guest card) and .08 when the UNCW One Card is used.
- You may deposit money to your card in the library at the Value Transfer Station. UNCW patrons can add money to their UNCW One Card online: https://uncwonecard.blackboard.com and can use iPrint money for photocopying.
- Microform copiers are located on the second floor near Government Documents.
- High-volume copying (as opposed to smaller printing needs) may also be done the iPrint Business Center, located in the back of Randall (near TAC), for $.05 per page.
You can find driving directions, campus maps, parking information and a detailed Google map on this page: http://library.uncw.edu/directions
Typical academic year hours are:
Sunday: Open at Noon
Mon - Thurs: Open 24 Hours*
Friday: Close at 6 p.m.
Saturday: Noon - 6 p.m.
Hours vary during the summer and when classes are not in session.
To check the hours for a specific day, for holiday hours and other exceptions, see the library hours calendar.
*Access between 10 p.m. and 7 a.m. is RESTRICTED to UNCW Students, Faculty and Staff ONLY. A valid UNCW One Card ID is required.
If you have a Borrower's Card, but are not a current UNCW student, staff or faculty, you will need a Library PIN to renew materials online that you have checked out. To create your PIN:
- Access the PIN Login screen
- Enter your first or last name
- Enter your ID (the barcode on your Borrower's Card)
- Enter a library PIN up to 30 letters, numbers, or both. Do not use symbols.
- If this is the first time you have set a PIN the next screen will ask you to enter the PIN twice.
- Your PIN is now set.
- If you have any difficulty, please contact the Learning Commons Help Desk at 962-3760.