Library FAQ - Where in the library..?
Lost & found is located at the Circulation desk.
- Photocopiers are located on the first floor of the library in the Learning Commons.
- There is one coin operated copier near the Circulation Desk.
- All other copiers require a UNCW One Card or visitor card. They can be found in the Learning Commons.
- Copying charges are .15 per page (coin copier), .10 per page (visitor card) and .08 when the UNCW One Card is used.
- You may deposit money to your card in the library at the Value Transfer Station. UNCW patrons can add money to their UNCW One Card online: https://uncwonecard.blackboard.com and can use iPrint money for photocopying.
- Microform copiers are located on the second floor near Government Documents.
- High-volume copying (as opposed to smaller printing needs) may also be done the iPrint Business Center, located in the back of Randall (near TAC), for $.05 per page.
A courtesy phone is available in the lobby of the library.
A fax can be sent and received at the iPrint Business center on the first floor of Randall Library, or at the Seahawk Mail post office in Fisher University Union.
- When you get an email from the library stating that your material is ready for pick up, visit the Circulation Desk and tell staff you are picking up your hold.
- If you are a faculty or staff member, you may request that your held items be mailed to your campus address by contacting the circulation staff at 962-3272.
- Books, DVDs and other physical items on course reserves are kept behind the Circulation Desk. Just bring the call number and your UNCW OneCard to the desk and ask for the item.
- Be sure to return the course reserves item(s) to the Circulation Desk when finished.
- Items ordered through our Interlibrary Loan (ILL) service are held at the Circulation desk for pick-up.
- If you are a UNCW faculty/staff member or graduate student, your ILL items can be mailed or delivered to your academic department by selecting the delivery method "Mail to Address" in your ILL account.
- If you are a distance learning student taking online classes at UNCW, your ILL items can be mailed to your out-of-town address.
- Please view our Interlibrary Loan page for more information.
- Most items checked out from Randall Library, including Interlibrary Loan items, may be returned to the Circulation desk when the library is open or deposited in one of our two item return stations when the library is closed.
- We have one item return box by Parking Lot D (directly beside the library) and an item return slot in the wall to the left of the library's main entrance.
- Items with very limited check-out periods, such as course reserve materials, and fragile or temperature-sensitive items should be returned directly to the Circulation desk whenever possible.
- You do not need to present ID when returning items.
UNCW students, staff and faculty can check out headphones for 6 hours at TAC, located at the back of Randall Library on the first floor.
Headphones for visitors are secured to the visitor computers; available for use when using the computers.
- Group study rooms are available for groups of two or more on the second floors of the library.
- They can be reserved online via our Group Study Room Reservations calendar.
- The rooms may be reserved and used by currently enrolled students, staff and faculty of UNCW.
- Reservations are for a maximum of two hours a day per group, and no more than 2 reservations per group per week.
- Reservations can be made up to 2 weeks in advance.
- View our Group Study Room Use and Reservation Policies page for more information.
- Groups can only set up tables outside in the plaza area (beyond the front steps). To reserve a table to set-up outside the library, contact Campus Life at clreservations [at] uncw [dot] edu, 962-4150
- The Vestibule area inside the library must be kept clear of obstructions for safe entrance & exit from the building. No solicitation and no groups are allowed to set up tables in this space.
- Go to the library website and click on “USING THE LIBRARY” and then “Reserve Group Study Room.”
- Click on the date that you need (from the drop-down list that reads "view a different day")
- Click on the “Tech Enhanced Collab Space” tab
- Click on the time slot that you want to reserve
- Fill out the form that follows. You can expect a reminder e-mail within 24 hours of your scheduled reservation.
View Map to locate the Tech Enhanced Collaboration Space (TECS), Room 1045.
RL2034 is a dedicated media viewing room located on the second floor, it is available for students, faculty, and staff. The room is equipped with the following:
- Region free BluRay player
- Standard BluRay player
- DVD/VHS combination player
To use RL2034, visit the Circulation Desk for a key.
View this map for room locations.
The second floor of Randall Library has been designated a Quiet Zone. The library's Noise and Cell Phone policy and Patron Behavior are enforced in the Quiet Zone. Patrons in this space are asked to keep noise to a minimum or relocate to a group study room or the library's first floor.
- Group Study Rooms are available for groups of two or more on the second floor of the library.
- They are available for reservations by UNCW students, staff, and faculty for up to 2 hours a day.
- Please read our Group Study Room Use Policies for more information.
- To reserve a room, visit our Group Study Rooms reservation calendar. Click on the desired time/day in the calendar. You will be asked to login.