Library FAQ - Whom do I contact...?
- Please fill out our "Suggest a Purchase" form.
- You will be asked for the author, title, publisher, date, and where you saw this item mentioned.
- You will receive an email confirmation of your purchase suggestion.
- If you want the item put on hold for you when it is available, you can select that option in the form. You will receive an email when the item is ready to pick-up.
- Group Study Rooms are available for groups of two or more on the second floor of the library.
- They are available for reservations by UNCW students, staff, and faculty for up to 2 hours a day.
- Please read our Group Study Room Use Policies for more information.
- To reserve a room, visit our Group Study Rooms reservation calendar. Click on the desired time/day in the calendar. You will be asked to login.
- The library has very limited space availability for meetings and other space requests.
- Please see our policy regarding Facility Use in the Library.
- Please contact Christopher Rhodes, Facility and Events Coordinator, at rhodesc [at] uncw [dot] edu or 910-962-7474 to see if we can accommodate your needs.
- For more information about whom to contact about reserving rooms on campus, visit the Campus Reservation System (CRS) webpage.
- To request exhibit space, please fill out this form
The Programming and Exhibits Committee will respond to your request within a week of receiving your submitted form.
Please submit your request as early as possible. Our exhibit spaces are usually reserved 6-12 months in advance.
- Please fill out this form and choose the appropriate category.
- We'll get back to you as soon as possible during normal business hours.
- We frequently get complaints about noise in the library. Sometimes they relate to the coffee bar, or to staff providing service at the desks, but most often they relate to library users being noisy in the study areas. We try to provide appropriate environments for a variety of types of learning, including dialog or group study as well as individual reading and contemplation. We have designated the second floor of the library is a noise free zone.
- Cell phones are especially annoying to many people. We don't forbid their use, but ask that you turn the volume on vibrate and use the phone only in areas that are designated for some noise. Please see our Noise and Cell Phone Policy
- What can you do if there is noise in a "noise-free" zone? You can ask the person to be quiet. If you are not comfortable with that, or they don't respond favorably to your request, please tell a staff member and we will go "shush" them.
- To reserve Randall Library #2005 please contact noonand [at] uncw [dot] edu (Daniel Noonan) at 910-962-3928.
- More about Distance Education & Video Network Services
- Groups can only set up tables outside in the plaza area (beyond the front steps). To reserve a table to set-up outside the library, contact Campus Life at clreservations [at] uncw [dot] edu, 962-4150
- The Vestibule area inside the library must be kept clear of obstructions for safe entrance & exit from the building. No solicitation and no groups are allowed to set up tables in this space.