- Get Help
- My Courses
- Using the Library
- Borrowing, Renewing & Fines
- Finding & Getting Materials
- Interlibrary Loan
- Computers, Printing, Copying & Scanning
- Information for...
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Tools & Widgets
- Library Spaces
- Reserve Group Study Room
- Floor Maps & Virtual Tour
- Information Literacy Portal
- Learning Commons
- My Library Account
- About Us
Interlibrary Loan Contact Info
Phone: 910-962-7312 or 962-7005
Email: libraryill [at] uncw [dot] edu
Office: Randall Library Room 1023G
Office Hours: 8am-4pm Monday - Friday
When should I use Interlibrary Loan?
If you have carefully searched the Library Catalog for a book or journal, and we do not own it (or have online access to it), then you may place an ILL request for the item.
Interlibrary Loan FAQ's
Suggest a Purchase: Use this form to suggest a book, video, sound recording or other material that the Randall Library might purchase.
- UNCW faculty, staff and and students are eligible to request materials not owned by Randall Library through Interlibrary Loan (ILL).
- First time users will enter their name, address, and other personal information into the system only once, at the time of their first request. Thereafter, you log in with your UNCW username and password and need only enter the bibliographic information for your requests.
- Whenever possible, documents are delivered electronically to your ILL account (you will receive email notification).
- Users can check the status of your request(s) through their Interlibrary Loan account.
Your Interlibrary Loan username and password are the same as your UNCW username and password. If you have forgotten either of those, visit this page.
- You may request a renewal unless the white band on the item states "No Renewals."
- To request a renewal, log on your Interlibrary Loan account, click on the transaction number of the item you want to renew, and click the renew button.
- You will get an email with a new due date if the request is granted or a message requesting the return of the item if the renewal is denied.
Evidence shows that if we purchase, instead of borrow, items requested through Interlibrary Loan, those items will end up being used by our students, staff and faculty. This process is just one component of collection development and it assists the Library in building an accessible and useful collection, one that meets the needs of a variety of users.
General Delivery Time for a purchase request: 10 days to 2 weeks from date the request was sent and marked "Awaiting Acquisition purchase" (the item is ordered from a rapid delivery vendor, when it is received by the library, it’s rush cataloged and brought to Circulation for notification to customer).
As of March 2014 the University of North Carolina Coastal Library Consortium has been disbanded.
|Submitted by Customer||Request has been received and it’s in the processing queue.|
|Awaiting Copyright Clearance||
ILL staff checking to see if a copyright fee is required; if fee is
required it is paid by the library.
|Awaiting Request in Processing||
Copyright clearance is completed and the request is waiting
for ILL staff to process.
|Request Sent||Request has been sent to potential lending libraries.|
|In Electronic Delivery processing||Article received electronically and partially processed by staff for delivery to web.|
|Awaiting Customer Contact||Article has arrived, been processed by staff and ready for delivery to web.|
|Awaiting Acquisition Purchase||Request has been forwarded to Library Acquisitions for purchase, rather than borrowed through ILL|
|Delivered to web||
Article has been posted and ready for customer to download;
|Checked out to Customer||
Item received, customer notified, and ready for pick up at
|Request Finished||Request was successfully processed and completed.|
|Awaiting Renewal Processing||Customer has requested a renewal and ILL staff is waiting for the lending library’s response.|
|Canceled by Customer||
Customer canceled request.
|Canceled by Staff||
Staff canceled the request; reason for cancellation can be
Undergraduate students will receive an email notification and instructions when the item is available for download from your ILL account. When a paper copy of the loan is received, an email notification message is sent immediately and the item will be available for pickup at the Circulation Desk in Randall Library.
Distance Education students should set your status to "Distance Education" on your User Information settings. An email notification is sent when an article is available for download from your ILL account. Loans will be mailed to the home address listed in your User Information settings. Distance Education students are those enrolled in the Onslow County Extension Program, RN Access Program and all other programs defined as "Distance Education" by UNCW.
Graduate students will receive an email notification when the article is available for download from your ILL account. When a loan is received, an email notification message is sent immediately and the item will be delivered to your academic department.
Faculty members will receive an email notification when the article is available for download from your ILL account.When a loan is received, an email notification message is sent immediately and the item will be delivered to your department within 24 hours of receipt of the notification message.