Welcome Transfer Student instructors! On this page, you will find everything you need to help your TS students with library and information literacy resources.
The Library Resources for Transfer Seminar Students page can be found here: https://library.uncw.edu/guides/transfer_student_seminar. Everything your students need to complete the library and information literacy components will be on this page. Simply send students that link and assign a due date for completion.
Below is a breakdown of what you need to do for your library and information literacy components in your Transfer Student Seminar class. You can also find documents in the Library folder in the "UNI 201 Instructor Resources" course in Blackboard (Common Elements > Assignments > Library Assignments)
Questions? Contact Tammy Ivins (ivinst [at] uncw.edu (subject: LINK%20Tour%20Training) or 910-962-2557)
Please make sure that your students are familar with the "Transfer Portfolio" assignment and its research component
Required: AFTER the SECOND library session, students should complete the CAARP “library assignment.
(#4 on the student page)
Optional: Assign a plagiarism Tutorial: https://www.indiana.edu/~plag/
Have your Seahawk Link give a face-to-face Randall Library Tour with this Tour Script
BUILD Information Literacy Tutorial & Virtual Library Tour (required)
- BEFORE the library session, students should complete the BUILD information literacy turtorial and the Virtual Library Tour.
- The link for the Virtual Library Tour is on the bottom of the BUILD information literacy tutorial homepage.
- After completion of these, students will be asked to take a quiz.
- You will receive and email automatically after they have completed the quiz with their score. It will come from "wiegandl" but each email will have the student's name on it and their score.
- Provide students with the URL for the "Library Resources for Transfer Seminar Students" page which will provide all the instructions and links for these IL activities: https://library.uncw.edu/guides/transfer_student_seminar
CAARP Library Assignment (required)
- AFTER the SECOND library session, students should complete the CAARP “library assignment.” There is no automatic scoring or grade for this assessment/assignment, but you will receive an email when the students complete the assignment.
- Provide students with this URL so that they can complete the assignment: https://library.uncw.edu/guides/transfer_student_seminar
(#4 on the student page)
Face-to-Face Tour of the Library (optional but encouraged)
- Have your Seahawk Link give a face-to-face tour of Randall Library
- Download the tour script for Link-led tours
- If your Seahawk Link would like assistance with giving a tour of the library, please contact ivinst [at] uncw.edu (subject: LINK%20Tour%20Training) (Tammy Ivins)
Plagiarism Tutorial & Quiz from Indiana University (optional but encouraged)