Please visit the Instructional Services Homepage.To effectively accommodate the faculty, staff, and students we ask that you comply with the following Instructional Services policies and procedures. All scheduling is handled on a first-come, first-served basis and precedence is given to library instruction taught by UNCW librarians. Please see below for a complete explanation of Scheduling Priorities. Scheduling Guidelines:
Sessions should be scheduled at least 7 business days in advance.
Requests to the Randall Library Instructional Services can be made via one of the methods: E-Mail: pembertona [at] uncw [dot] edu; Phone: 962-7810, Fax 962-3078, Campus Mail: Instructional Services RL, or request a session online.
- Sessions scheduled in the Library Instruction Classroom should be limited in size to 30 participants, due to the limited number of computer workstations. The librarian does have the option to schedule sessions in the teaching faculty's current classroom or classroom building's computer lab (depending on availability).
- Please provide the following information in order to have a session scheduled: campus phone number, the number of students in class, length of class, a date when you would like to bring your class in (and a backup date), and be able to provide us with a copy of the research assignment.
- Please let us know at the time of scheduling if you have students with special needs (physically disabled, visually impaired, etc.).
- Please inform your students that they are expected to be on time.
- All cell phones and pagers must be turned off.
- Cancellation of a reservation should be made as soon as possible so that the Classroom may be open for other sessions.
- The Library Instruction room is reserved for Library Instruction sessions only.
- Sessions can only be scheduled when the library is open.
Policy created and adopted July 2001