Find Music & Audiobooks
- Make sure the Status of the item is "Available." If the status is something other than available, learn what that status means and what actions you can take.
Write down (or text yourself) the Location and the Call # for your item. You might think of the "Location" as the "Neighborhood" the item resides in and the "Call Number" as the "Address" of the item.
- View our Library Floor Maps for a general idea of library locations and call # arrangement.
- To learn more about call #s, visit this guide.
More about Finding Music in the Library
Music CDs are searchable in the Library Catalog. For best results, use the Advanced Search and limit your searches to a material type "CD SOUND."
Need more advanced music searching tips? Visit "Music Resources in the Library Catalog"
How to find Music CDs in the Library
- CD's are located on the second floor of Randall Library. View map.
- Unlike a music store, library CDs are arranged on the shelves by Library of Congress Subject Headings.
How to find Audiobooks in the Library
- Audiobooks are located on the first floor of Randall Library, near the featured new books. View map.
- They are also arranged by Call #.