Library Online Services Unavailable March 4 & 6
NOTE: As of 3/10/2014 this update has been completed! Please update your library links as described below.
On Tuesday, March 4th and Thursday, March 6th Randall Library will be updating the library system. On these dates, some online library services will experience downtime. These include:
- The library catalog (which includes the searching options “Books & More” and “Videos”)
- Online access to “My Library Account” including renewals of books and videos
- Any “proxied”* links to ejournals, databases and articles
- Fine & fee payments, placing holds and purchasing borrower cards at the Circulation Desk
During this downtime, you will still be able to check out and return items at the Circulation Desk.
There are some workarounds that you can employ to continue to access ejournals, databases and articles.
- Access library resources from an on-campus computer.
Once the upgrade is complete on March 6th, this change will have major impacts on links to the library catalog, books, ejournals, databases and articles that you may have been using in Blackboard Learn, in your webpages or on syllabi. To learn more about those changes and how to prepare, please visit: http://library.uncw.edu/news/update_links_march2014.
*”Proxied” links contain “libcat.uncw.edu” somewhere in the url.