Please excuse our appearance as we continue to make changes and improvements to benefit the UNCW community!
1. Construction: Crews have been working overtime to create new offices for our growing staff. The three semi-private group study rooms on the first floor (1040, 1041, 1042) have been eliminated to make way for new offices. More librarians means more research assistance, instruction and online services for our students and faculty!
2. Dittos: Yes, the rumors are true! Dittos is relocating its many services to Randall Library in the upcoming semester. Services such as laminating, scanning and faxing will be available in the new location, RM 1024 (near TAC).
3. Additional Group Study Room: Due to the elimination of three group study rooms on the first floor, RM 2059, a former grad computer lab, is now a group study room and part of our online reservation system. The computers that were located in RM 1059 have been consolidated with the larger graduate computer lab in RM 2017 for a total of 9 computers available for solely for graduate students.
3. Outlets: Floor outlets are being installed in the main gallery near the Sherman Hayes Gallery.
4. Technology Assistance Center: TAC's footprint in Randall has grown to accommodate Equipment Checkout as well as additional office space for a growing staff.
5. Future: Expect more changes in the months ahead as Randall Library continues to grow. For example: an expanded and re-imagined circulation desk, a remodeling of our Government Documents area, replacement of outdated carpet and furniture, and much more!
We appreciate your patience during this time. Questions and comments are always welcome.