Off-campus access to UNCW Randall Library’s licensed Databases such as EbscoHost, JSTOR, ScienceDirect and Course Reserves is limited to UNCW students, staff and faculty who authenticate or use the campus VPN.
Access Databases by Logging In
- When you select a licensed resource from our website (e.g., database, e-journal, e-book, etc.), you may be prompted to log in.
To log in, please enter:
- Your campus username (email address without the @xxxx.edu)
- Your campus (email) password
- Click the button for UNC Wilmington
- Once logged in, you will be automatically transferred to the resource you selected.
Access Databases via VPN
The VPN (Virtual Private Network) allows for authenticated, encrypted connections to UNCW campus computing resources through the firewall.
By using the VPN you can access licensed Databases such as JSTOR and EbscoHost from off-campus locations as if you were on campus; allowing you access without having to log on.
Visit ITSD's website for instructions & the downloadable VPN client.