NC Community College Students
Welcome to the William Madison Randall Library
We encourage your use of all library materials, facilities, and reference services. Please inquire at the Learning Commons Help Desk for assistance in using the Library's resources and services.
North Carolina Community College Students enrolled at institutions that have articulation agreements in place with UNCW, may be issued a borrower's card, valid for one year, upon presentation of a valid community college ID card. The fee for this card is $7.00 but it is waived for students 65 years of age and older.
- 28 days for books from the general and juvenile collections and government documents.
- 21 days for books from the featured new books collection.
- Audiovisual materials, including DVDs, audiobooks, VHS tapes and Music CDs, circulate for 7 days.
- Other materials, including reference books and periodicals, must be used in the building.
- You may have as many as four (4) items checked out. In addition, you may check out an unlimited number of U.S. or N.C. documents.
- Community College borrowers may not place holds (i.e. requests for items already checked out).
- Community College borrowers are not eligible for Interlibrary Loan Services
- Community College borrowers are not eligible for laptop, equipment or eReader checkout.
- Community College borrowers are not eligible for Reserve material checkout.
You may renew overdue materials online (access My Library Record,) by phone (910-962-3272), or in-person but if another person has placed a hold (request) on an item, renewal is not permitted.
A/V Renewals: Renewals for videos, DVD's, CDs and audiobooks are limited to two (2) per item.
Overdue, Damage, and Replacement Charges
The library does not charge fines but borrowing privileges may be revoked if a user continually has overdue books.
If items are not renewed or returned by the due date bills will be issued for those items that are at least 45 days overdue. The bill will include the replacement cost and a $15 non-refundable billing fee per item. If items are returned to the Library within two months after a bill has been issued, a waiver of replacement charge(s) may be requested but the non-refundable billing fee(s) will not be waived. Please note that water damage cannot be repaired and requires that those items be replaced. Bills will be issued to customers returning water damaged items.
Payment of Charges
Payment of Randall Library fines or fees may be made by check or cash at the Circulation Desk. Checks should be made out to UNCW. NOTE: Beginning with the Spring semester 2015, the Library will accept Visa or MasterCard payment in addition to checks and will no longer accept cash or make change. Delinquent debts will be reported to your home institution.
Questions about this policy maybe addressed to brownmd [at] uncw [dot] edu (Dawn Brown), Circulation Supervisor.