- Get Help
- My Courses
- Using the Library
- Borrowing, Renewing & Fines
- Finding & Getting Materials
- Interlibrary Loan
- Computers, Printing, Copying & Scanning
- Information for...
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Tools & Widgets
- Library Spaces
- Reserve Group Study Room
- Floor Maps & Virtual Tour
- Information Literacy Portal
- Learning Commons
- My Library Account
- About Us
NC Community College Students
Welcome to the William Madison Randall Library
We encourage your use of all library materials, facilities, and reference services. Please inquire at the Learning Commons Help Desk for assistance in using the Library's resources and services.
North Carolina Community College Students enrolled at institutions that have articulation agreements in place with UNCW, may be issued a borrower's card, valid for one year, upon presentation of a valid community college ID card. The fee for this card is $7.00 but it is waived for students 65 years of age and older.
- 28 days for books from the general and juvenile collections and government documents.
- 21 days for books from the featured new books collection.
- Audiovisual materials, including DVDs, audiobooks, VHS tapes and Music CDs, circulate for 7 days.
- Other materials, including reference books and periodicals, must be used in the building.
- You may have as many as four (4) items checked out. In addition, you may check out an unlimited number of U.S. or N.C. documents.
- Community College borrowers may not place holds (i.e. requests for items already checked out).
- Community College borrowers are not eligible for Interlibrary Loan Services
- Community College borrowers are not eligible for laptop, equipment or eReader checkout.
- Community College borrowers are not eligible for Reserve material checkout.
You may renew overdue materials online (access My Library Record,) by phone (910-962-3272), or in-person but if another person has placed a hold (request) on an item, renewal is not permitted.
A/V Renewals: Renewals for videos, DVD's, CDs and audiobooks are limited to two (2) per item.
Overdue, Damage, and Replacement Charges
The library does not charge fines but borrowing privileges may be revoked if a user continually has overdue books.
If items are overdue for two weeks or more, the item's replacement cost and a $15 non-refundable billing fee per item will be assessed. Borrowing privileges may be revoked if a user has overdue books or owes fines. Delinquent debts will be reported to your home institution.
If an item is damaged or lost, the repair cost and a $15 non-refundable billing fee will be assessed. Please note that water damage cannot be repaired, but must be replaced.
Questions about this policy maybe addressed to brownmd [at] uncw [dot] edu (Dawn Brown), Circulation Supervisor.
Last Update: September 17, 2012