North Carolina Resident Borrowers
Welcome to the William Madison Randall Library
Adult North Carolina adult residents (over 18 and out of high school) may purchase a Borrower's Card, valid for one year, for $25.00 upon presentation of a valid North Carolina driver's license or a valid military ID. The $25.00 fee is waived for citizens over 65 years of age.NOTE: Effective July 1, 2014 the cost of the NC Adult Resident Card increased to $25.00.
How to borrow materials
When borrowing materials, please observe a few regulations:
- You may have as many as four (4) items checked out. In addition, you may borrow as many U.S.. or N.C.. Government documents as you wish.
- Audiovisual materials may be checked out of the building for seven (7) days.
- Collections restricted to in library use include periodicals, reference, index, Curriculum Materials, Special Collections (rare books, Southeastern North Carolina Collection, manuscripts) and the University Archives.
- Randall Library provides an extensive array of electronic databases, most of which are available to the general public on computers in the library.
- Please remember that borrowing privileges are not transferable with one exception. High school students enrolled in grades 9-12 may be added as an authorized user to an adult parent's or guardian's borrower's card. By sponsoring their child, the parent or guardian assumes responsibility for the return of all materials and the payment of any charges assessed for damage or over dues. To check out materials, the high school student should present their parent's or guardian's borrower card and their high school identification card or driver's license at the Randall Library Circulation Desk.
- Borrowers are responsible for items checked out until the items are returned to the Circulation Desk. Lost or damaged materials must be paid for.
- Most items may be renewed at the Circulation Desk. Unless overdue or requested by another user, items may also be renewed by telephone (962-3272), o