- Get Help
- My Courses
- Using the Library
- Borrowing, Renewing & Fines
- Finding & Getting Materials
- Interlibrary Loan
- Computers, Printing, Copying & Scanning
- Information for...
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Tools & Widgets
- Library Spaces
- Reserve Group Study Room
- Floor Maps & Virtual Tour
- Information Literacy Portal
- Learning Commons
- My Library Account
- About Us
North Carolina Resident Borrowers
Welcome to the William Madison Randall Library
Adult North Carolina adult residents (over 18 and out of high school) may purchase a Borrower's Card, valid for one year, for $15.00 upon presentation of a valid North Carolina driver's license or a valid military ID. The $15.00 fee is waived for citizens over 65 years of age.NOTE: Effective July 1, 2014 the cost of the NC Adult Resident Card will increase to $25.00.
How to borrow materials
When borrowing materials, please observe a few regulations:
- You may have as many as four (4) items checked out. In addition, you may borrow as many U.S. or N.C. Government documents as you wish.
- Audiovisual materials may be checked out of the building for seven (7) days.
- Collections restricted to in library use include periodicals, reference, index, Curriculum Materials, Special Collections (rare books, Southeastern North Carolina Collection, manuscripts) and the University Archives.
- Randall Library provides an extensive array of electronic databases, most of which are available to the general public on computers in the library.