- Get Help
- My Courses
- Using the Library
- Borrowing, Renewing & Fines
- Finding & Getting Materials
- Interlibrary Loan
- Computers, Printing, Copying & Scanning
- Information for...
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Tools & Widgets
- Library Spaces
- Reserve Group Study Room
- Floor Maps & Virtual Tour
- Information Literacy Portal
- Learning Commons
- My Library Account
- About Us
UNCW Faculty and Staff Spouses
Welcome to the William Madison Randall Library
Faculty/staff spouses may be issued a Borrower's Card without charge by visiting the Circulation Desk to get registered for the card.
How to borrow materials
When borrowing materials, please observe these regulations:
- Present your Randall Library Borrower's Card for each transaction.
- Borrowing privileges are not transferable, with one exception. High school students enrolled in grades 9-12 may be added as an authorized user to an adult parent's or guardian's borrower's card. By sponsoring their child, the parent or guardian assumes responsibility for the return of all materials and the payment of any charges assessed for damage or overdues. To check out materials, the high school student should present their parent's or guardian's borrower card and their high school identification card or driver's license at the Randall Library Circulation Desk.
- Borrowers are responsible for materials borrowed until they are returned to the Library. Lost or damaged material must be paid for; we charge the replacement cost and accumulated overdue fines.
- 28 days for books from the general and juvenile collections and for government documents.
- 21 days for books from the featured new books collection.
- For audiovisual materials is the loan period is 7 days.
- Reserve materials, reference items, and periodicals must be used in the building.
- You may renew overdue materials online (access My Library Record,) by phone (910-962-3272), or in-person but if another person has placed a hold (request) on an item, renewal is not permitted.
- A/V Renewals: Renewals for videos, DVD's, CDs and audiobooks are limited to two (2) per item.
Featured New Books: Renewals for this collection are limited to one (1).
- Items in the Reserve Collection may not be checked out. These materials are in high demand for students enrolled in UNCW courses.
- No holds (i.e. requests for items already checked out) are allowed.
- You are not eligible for UNCW's Interlibrary Borrowing services. Please use your local public library for this service.
- Faculty/staff spouses are not eligible forare not eligible for laptop, equipment or eReader checkout.
The library does not charge fines but borrowing privileges may be revoked if a user continually has overdue books. If items are overdue for two weeks or more, the item's replacement cost and a $15 non-refundable billing fee per item will be assessed.
Please inquire at the Learning Commons Help Desk for assistance in using the Library. We hope that you will enjoy using the Randall Library.
Questions about this policy maybe addressed to brownmd [at] uncw [dot] edu (Dawn Brown)johnsonjj [at] uncw [dot] edu (, )Circulation Supervisor.
Last Update: September 17, 2012