- Get Help
- My Courses
- Using the Library
- Borrowing, Renewing & Fines
- Finding & Getting Materials
- Interlibrary Loan
- Computers, Printing, Copying & Scanning
- Information for...
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Tools & Widgets
- Library Spaces
- Reserve Group Study Room
- Floor Maps & Virtual Tour
- Information Literacy Portal
- Learning Commons
- My Library Account
- About Us
Group Study Room Use and Reservation Policies
- Group study rooms may be reserved and used by currently enrolled students, staff and faculty of UNCW. A campus email username and password account is required for making reservations in the online system.
- Groups must have at least 2 people, and at most 5, depending on the room.
- Reservations are for a maximum of two hours a day per group, and no more than 2 reservations per group per week.
- Reservations can be made up to 2 weeks in advance.
- The rooms can be reserved anytime the library is open. Rooms must be vacated 15 minutes before the library closes.
- If at least 2 members of your group do not arrive within 15 minutes of your reservation, the reservation is forfeited and the room reverts to first-come, first serve usage until the next scheduled reservation. Please follow the instructions to cancel unneeded reservations.
- Reservations must be placed through the online system, not via email or phone. Library staff cannot make or modify reservations or provide information about private reservation details.
- When not reserved, Group Study Rooms are available on a first come, first serve basis. Group study room users without reservations must leave when requested by a group with proof of valid reservation (such as email or text message confirmation). Groups always take priority over single users.
- The Group Study Rooms are to be used for legitimate academic purposes that support the instruction, research, and study needs of the University community.
- Users are responsible for their personal property at all times, and should never leave items unattended. The Library is not liable for loss or damage to personal property.
- Group Study Room users must maintain a moderate noise level - rooms are not soundproof, and loud talking disturbs other users in adjoining rooms and outside the rooms. Second floor study rooms are located on the designated Quiet Floor; please be considerate of students quietly studying.
- Food and drink in covered containers are acceptable. Please clean up after yourselves.
View the Facilities & Equipment Use Policies.
View the Room Use & Reservation Policies for the Technology Enhanced Collaboration Space (Room 1045).