- Get Help
- My Courses
- Using the Library
- Borrowing, Renewing & Fines
- Finding & Getting Materials
- Interlibrary Loan
- Computers, Printing & Copying
- Information for...
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Tools & Widgets
- Library Spaces
- Reserve Group Study Room
- Floor Maps & Virtual Tour
- Learning Commons
- My Library Account
- About Us
The role of the UNCW Archivist is to document the history of the University of North Carolina Wilmington and to make this primary-source material accessible. The UNCW Archivist selects, organizes and preserves official and unofficial records of the University of North Carolina Wilmington, including records of UNCW administrators; student, faculty, and alumni organizations; and other university-related collections in various formats. I provide reference and instructional services for Archives and plan, implement and assess services for Archives.
I have a Master's Degree in Library Science from UNC-Chapel Hill and have been UNCW Archivist for 10 years.
What I am most proud of in Archives:
- Managing an active archiving staff of student workers and volunteers
- Conducting a visual oral history program of retired faculty/staff
- Enhancing preservation standards in Archives
- Digitization initiatives in Archives that expand access to archival resources to the Web and beyond