As the academic year begins, but before Labor Day - - truly the last “hurrah” of the season, a few words about beach libraries and Randall Library. I’m inspired by The Huffington Post’s photo shoot featuring beach libraries across the globe. The author got my attention with her first line, a question – “What's a beach day without a good book?” And, she had me at the next sentence in which she states “Beachfront libraries are an ingenious addition to shorelines around the world.”
Wilmington may not exactly measure up to these remote destinations, and Randall Library is not exactly a beachfront library, but ...
Randall Library is ...
- About transformational spaces – F2F and virtual;
- About responsive services;
- About access to collections in all formats – here, there, or elsewhere;
- About showcasing faculty and student art and the art of the region;
- About inspiring cultural events;
- About things changing and being re-arranged;
- About tradition and tradigital;
- About staff who care.
We look forward to seeing you, after your next beach day, of course.