About Seahawk DOCKS | Go to Seahawk DOCKS
Seahawk DOCKS is UNCW's portion of a shared database called North Carolina Digital Online Collection of Knowledge and Scholarship (NC DOCKS). Designed by UNC Greensboro and shared with UNCG, East Carolina University, Appalachian State University, and UNC Pembroke, NC DOCKS is designed to hold digital, online copies of faculty articles, white papers, and other scholarly works, in addition to student theses and dissertations. This type of database is often referred to as an "Institutional Repository," or IR. Works stored in NC DOCKS and Seahawk DOCKS are fully searchable by Google and other search engines. Searching the web will turn up your scholarly works!
You can search for only UNCW works by searching in the UNCW tab of NC DOCKS, or you can search across all of the participating institutions by searching in the NC DOCKS tab.
What kinds of works can be stored in Seahawk DOCKS?
- Each work must be the intellectual property of a UNCW faculty member. (Exception - theses and dissertations will also be included in the IR.)
- It must be complete and in final form.
- It must be a scholarly, research, or educational work.
- It must be made available for global access at no cost via the Web.
- The author/creator of each work must grant to UNCW's Randall Library the non-exclusive right to preserve and distribute the work in perpetuity.
- Contributions to the UNCW IR are entirely voluntary; should the author later wish to remove any contribution, the Libraries will comply with the request.1
1. This is the same policy as that expressed by UNC Greensboro, the host institution for NC DOCKS. See UNCG Institutional Repository, available at http://library.uncg.edu/scholarlycom/IR.asp.