An essential resource for the study of popular art, art history, and entertainment in the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. Consists of four components: Spiritualism, Sensation and Magic; Circuses, Sideshows and Freaks; Music Hall, Theatre and Popular Entertainment; and Moving pictures, optical entertainments & the advent of cinema.[Details]
Includes over 5,000 interactive, medically accurate male and female anatomical structures— developed by medically trained medical illustrators and vetted by leading anatomists—covering systemic anatomy, regional anatomy, senses, muscle action, and 25 cross-sections.[Details]
Allows users to learn about muscles, their attachments, and their actions. Includes 3D versions of 20+ common pathologies, including sciatica, rotator cuff tear, shin splints, and more.
A comprehensive collection of nearly 70 high quality videos that illustrate and animate the core physiological processes of the human body.[Details]
Physiology & Pathology covers 48 physiology topics and 57 conditions, with 50 lessons, more than 5,800 3D models, 38 animations, 16 illustrations, and 26 quizzes. In this database users can
- Compare 3D models of normal anatomy to models of common diseases and conditions
- Set the heart rate and visualize conduction in a dissectable, beating 3D heart, and follow along on an ECG
- Watch animations that present the physiological processes of gas exchange, pulmonary ventilation, fluid balance, peristalsis, and more
- Walk through interactive lessons to understand the progression of atherosclerosis, kidney stones, lung cancer, and other common conditions
- Test their knowledge of various physiological processes and pathologies with quizzes.
Gale OneFile: Vocations and Careers aids users in researching a vocation, finding an appropriate institution of learning, job searching, and maintaining a career. Vocations and Careers offers hundreds of current and applicable periodicals ranging from general career guides to highly specialized industry journals.[Details]
The Vogue Archive contains the backfile of Vogue magazine (US edition), spanning the first issue in 1892 to the current month, reproduced in high-resolution color page images. It preserves the work of the world's greatest fashion designers, stylists and photographers and is a unique record of American and international fashion, culture and society from the dawn of the modern era to the present day.[Details]