Frequently Asked Questions
Find your answers to commonly asked questions about library services, using the library and finding materials.
Select a category from the menu to view questions & answers.
Don't see your question in here? Suggest a FAQ (we'll answer your question too!)
- Randall Library has a total of 7 iPrint stations. On the first floor there are 5 iPrint stations (all identified with an iPrint banner). On the second floor, you can find an iPrint station located against the wall of the main restrooms.
- There are 2 copiers which can be used with iPrint; these can be found in the Learning Commons.
- There is also a visitor iPrint station located near the visitor computers.
- Find other iPrint locations.
Laptop computers are available for check out at TAC (located on the first floor of Randall Library). You must provide your student ID to check out a laptop.
They can be checked out for 24 hours.
For more information, please see https://uncw.teamdynamix.com/TDClient/KB/ArticleDet?ID=11558.
Connecting to Hawkwifi:
- View available networks on your device and select Hawkwifi.
- Enter your UNCW username and password.
- Accept security certificate, if prompted to do so.
- Domain is UNCW if prompted to enter it.
Connecting to SeahawkGuest:
- View available networks on your device and select SeahawkGuest.
- Open a browser, you will be redirected to the access agreement page.
- If you are not automatically redirected, you can type 188.8.131.52 into the address bar and press enter to reach the agreement page.
- If you agree to abide by the listed conditions, click accept.
- Your connection will be active for 1 hour, bandwidth limited, and unable to access UNCW resources.
- You will have to disconnect, reconnect and re-accept the agreement after the hour expires.
This secure network can be used by visiting faculty, staff and students if their educational institution is a participant. All UNCW faculty, staff and students can securely access the Internet from any other participating educational institution worldwide via the eduroam network.
Visit the myTAC knowledgebase article for Eduroam.
You can print from any computer in the library through the campus iPrint system and pick up your print job from any iPrint printer on campus. For detailed instructions, please visit iPrint Services How to Print webpage.
Randall Library generally does not purchase textbooks for UNCW classes, but the library does have some textbooks. In order to determine if your textbook is available in the Library, follow the steps on the Find Textbooks page.
For students, faculty, and staff at UNCW, there is no limit to the number of books you can check out from the General Collection.
- Featured new books, DVDs, VHS tapes and CDs have a limit of 7 items checked out at one time, in any combination (for example, 4 DVDs and 3 CDs).
- Non-university borrowers may check out a total of 4 items from any part of the library's collection. The only exception to this is Government Documents; all users may check out an unlimited number of materials from Government Documents.
There are three ways to renew library items: