- Save your work to your UNCW OneDrive account or the Timmy drive for later printing.
- Students, Faculty and Staff can check-out flash drives at TAC to save their work for later printing.
- Email yourself the documents for later retrieval.
Print, Copy, Scan
FAQs for Printing
- Visitors may use the iPrint Business Center, located at the back of the library next to the Digital Makerspace, to print.
- Please email yourself print jobs or save them to a USB memory stick.
To print a document from Blackboard, you must save the document to the desktop, open the file, and print it from there.
We recommend using My Print Center, an online portal where you can easily login, send your document to the print queue, and then pick it up at a UNCW iPrint station. There are only a few file types that cannot be loaded to My Print Center. In this case you will need to install the iPrint drivers. To download the drivers and for more information please visit iPrint Services "How to iPrint" webpage.
You can print from any computer in the library through the campus iPrint system and pick up your print job from any iPrint printer on campus. For detailed instructions, please visit iPrint Services "How to iPrint" webpage.
Printing for students:
Black and white, double-sided: $.06 per page
Black and white, single-sided: $.08 per page
Color: $.25 per page
Printing for visitors:
Black and white: $.10 per page
Color: $.25 per page
- Color printing is available from all iPrint stations. You may choose to print in color from any of the library’s computers.
- When sending the print job, select the COLOR print driver (the default is the B&W driver).
- When using My Print Center, in the “print options” section, select the option for “color.”
- Pick up your print job.
- Color copies cost $.25 per side for Students, Staff & Faculty.
- Visitors may go to the iPrint Business Center at the back of the library for their printing needs.
- Randall Library has a total of 14 iPrint stations.
- On the first floor there are 12 iPrint stations, including 1 next to Port City Java Coffee Bar (all identified with an iPrint banner).
- There are 2 copiers which can be used with iPrint; these can be found in the Learning Commons.
- There is also a visitor iPrint station located near the visitor computers.
- On the second floor, you can find an iPrint station by the top of the front stairs and one in the Graduate Computer Lab.
- Please see the Randall Library floor maps for iPrint locations.
FAQs for Copying
Copying charges are $.15 per page at the coin copier. UNCW students can use their iPrint money to make copies for $.08 per page.
- You can make color photocopies using the iPrint copiers on the first floor of the library. Two copiers are located in the Learning Commons.
- These copiers require a UNCW One Card, but visitors can make color copies using the visitor copier/printer with their visitor or guest printing card.
- Copying charges for a color photocopy is .40 per page for UNCW One Card users and .50 per page for visitors.
- You may deposit money to your card at the library at the Value Transfer Station. UNCW patrons can also add money to their UNCW One Card online: https://uncwonecard-sp.blackboard.com/eAccounts/AnonymousHome.aspx
- Color copying is available at the iPrint Business Center, in the back of Randall (near TAC), for .24 per page.
- Photocopiers are located on the first floor of the library in the Learning Commons.
- There is one coin operated copier located in the Learning Commons ($0.15 a copy).
- All other copiers require a UNCW One Card. They can be found in the Learning Commons.
- Copying charges are $.15 per page (coin copier) and $.08 when the UNCW One Card is used.
- UNCW patrons can add money to their UNCW One Card online and can use iPrint money for photocopying.
- One Minolta Microform copier ($.10 a copy) and Two Digital Microform Machines connect to iPrint are located on the second floor near Government Documents.
- High-volume copying (as opposed to smaller printing needs) may also be done the iPrint Business Center, located in the back of Randall (near TAC), for B&W 1-2 pages $.27 per side, 3+ pages $.10 per side; Color $.45 per side.
FAQs for Scanning
There are 4 scanners in the Learning Commons, and additional scanners by the TAC, freely available for student, faculty, and staff use. These scanners are each connected to computers allowing you to save, print and edit your scans.
There is also a “quick scan” computer station located by the bank of iPrint printers on the first floor.
Frequently Asked Questions
Find answers to your questions about using the library. Choose a category: