Frequently Asked Questions
Find your answers to commonly asked questions about library services, using the library and finding materials.
Select a category from the menu to view questions & answers.
Don't see your question in here? Suggest a FAQ (we'll answer your question too!)
Whom do I contact...?
- Please fill out our "Suggest a Purchase" form.
- You will be asked for the author, title, publisher, date, and where you saw this item mentioned.
- You will receive an email confirmation of your purchase suggestion.
- If you want the item put on hold for you when it is available, you can select that option in the form. You will receive an email when the item is ready for pick-up.
- To reserve a room, visit our Group Study Rooms Reservations page. Click on the desired time/day in the calendar.
- Group Study Rooms are available for groups of two or more on the first and second floors of the library. See the first floor map and second floor map for locations.
- They are available for reservations by UNCW students, staff, and faculty for up to 2 hours a day.
- The library has very limited space available for meetings and other space requests.
- Please see our policy regarding Facility Use in the Library.
- Please contact our Facility Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 910-962-7474 to see if we can accommodate your needs.
- For more information about whom to contact about reserving rooms on campus, visit the Campus Reservation System (CRS) webpage.
- To request exhibit space, please fill out this form.
- Please submit your request as early as possible. Our exhibit spaces are usually reserved 6-12 months in advance.
- Please fill out this form and choose the appropriate category.
- We'll get back to you as soon as possible during normal business hours.
- We frequently get complaints about noise in the library. Sometimes they relate to the coffee bar, or to staff providing service at the desks, but most often they relate to library users being noisy in the study areas. We try to provide appropriate environments for a variety of types of learning, including dialog or group study as well as individual reading and contemplation. We have designated the second floor of the library as a noise free zone.
- Cell phones are especially annoying to many people. We don't forbid their use, but ask that you turn the volume on vibrate and use the phone only in areas that are designated for some noise. Please see our Noise and Cell Phone Policy
- What can you do if there is noise in a "noise-free" zone? You can ask the person to be quiet. If you are not comfortable with that, or they don't respond favorably to your request, please tell a staff member and we will go "shush" them.
- The Distance Learning Class (RL2005) can be reserved via the UNCW Event Management System or by submitting a ticket.
- More about Distance Education & Video Network Services or email Dan Noonan, email@example.com.
- You can make a reservation using the Campus Reservation System. Visit the Space Planning and Management website for more information.
- Bookings will appear on the Library Calendar and the UNCW Events Calendar (search for "library" to see a better listing of auditorium availability).
- For more information, see the Auditorium policy statement.
Yes. Randall Library hosts two solicitation tables on our first floor and Campus Life hosts two solicitation tables in front of our buidling. These tables can be reserved using the UNCW Campus Reservation System (EMS).
Read more about the solicitation table policy.