Does the library offer printing for visitors?
- Yes it does offer printing for visitors. At Randall library a bank of computers and a guest iPrint printer has been dedicated for use for UNCW visitors and guests. The cost is .10 cents per printed page for black & white prints and .25 cents per printed page for color. In order to print as a visitor please follow the steps below.
- Step 1: Purchase a guest card.
Guests must purchase a "guest card." You can purchase this from the iPrint card dispenser on the first floor of the Randall Library. Patrons will need to insert a total of $2 which covers the cost of the iPrint Guest Card ($1) and preloaded guest print funds ($1). The card dispenser only accepts $1 and gives no change.
- Step 2: Preview print.
Before sending a print request, use the "Print Preview" option under the "File" pulldown menu to assure that you print only the pages you desire.
- Step 3: Send to printer.
Send your document to the iPrint printer/queue by selecting the "Print" icon or choosing the iPrint printer from the File > Print drop-down menu.
- Step 4: Enter username.
Enter your username, which is the ID number on your guest card.
- Step 5: Name your print job.
Enter a name for your job in the space provided so that you can locate it when you go to the release station to release your print job.
- Step 6: Print or cancel.
After entering your information, press "Print" and your job will be available for 24 hours. After the 24-hour period, your print file will be deleted.
- Step 7: Go to the designated iPrint release station.
Go to the designated GUEST release station in Randall Library to release your job.
- Step 8: (At the release station) Login and swipe your guest card.
Login to the iPrint program with your guest card number. Leave "password" blank. Swipe your guest card through the card reader.
- Step 9: Release your print job.
Select your print job from the list and then press the blue Start button.
*Please Note: You also have the option of deleting the job. Select the job(s) and press the "Delete" icon at the bottom right of the screen
- Visitors may also use the iPrint Business Center, located at the back of the library next to the Digital Makerspace, to print.
- Please email yourself print jobs or save them to a USB memory stick.