The following equipment is available to check out at TAC on the first floor of Randall Library:
- Laptop computers (Dell and Apple) – 24-hour checkout
- Laptop chargers (Dell and Apple) – 24-hour checkout
- Portable batteries to charge your laptop or phone – 24-hour checkout
For more information, please see https://uncw.teamdynamix.com/TDClient/KB/ArticleDet?ID=11558.
- When you select a licensed resource from our website, you will be prompted to log in.
- To log in, please enter:
- Your campus username (email address without the @xxxx.edu)
- Your campus (email) password
- Once logged in, you will be automatically transferred to the resource you selected.
- The Distance Learning Class (RL2005) can be reserved via the UNCW Event Management System or by submitting a ticket.
- More about Distance Education & Video Network Services or email Dan Noonan, noonand [at] uncw.edu.
- You can make a reservation using the Campus Reservation System. Visit the Space Planning and Management website for more information.
- Bookings will appear on the Library Calendar and the UNCW Events Calendar (search for "library" to see a better listing of auditorium availability).
- For more information, see the Auditorium policy statement.
Retired faculty, staff, and trustees of UNCW may borrow materials from the collections upon presentation of a valid UNCW identification card.
- Visit the UNCW One Card Office in the Warwick Center to get a new retiree ID card made.
- Bring the new One Card to the Library’s Circulation Desk and request library access as a retiree. A staff member will set up a new account in our library system and that will enable your library access.
- Current UNCW faculty, staff and students are eligible to borrow materials not owned by Randall Library through Interlibrary Loan (ILL).
- First time users will enter their name, address, and other personal information into the system only once, at the time of their first request. Thereafter, you log in with your UNCW username and password and need only enter the bibliographic information for your requests.
- Whenever possible, documents are delivered electronically to your ILL account (you will receive email notification).
- Users can check the status of request(s) through their Interlibrary Loan account.
To access your Randall Library catalog account so that you can see fines and due dates, what resources you have checked out, or what holds you have waiting for you, go to My Account.
For interlibrary loan requests, log in here: https://illiad.uncw.edu/logon.html
To access a database, journal, ebook, or other resource from off campus, you will be prompted to log in with your UNCW credentials. After you select the resource, you will see this screen:
Login with your UNCW email address (without the "@uncw.edu" and password.)
Problems with your login?
First, find a streaming video:
- Start with the Randall Library guide to streaming videos (look under Locating Streaming Video at the top of the guide). It links to a page where you can search for videos as well as view a list of Randall Library’s streaming video databases that you may browse.
- If you already know the title of a video you would like to show, you can use the library catalog and search by title to see if Randall Library provides access to it.
- Verify that the link to the video works by clicking on the View streaming video link:
- If the video does not play, contact your liaison librarian and they will troubleshoot, and, if necessary, purchase the video for our collection.
Playing the video in Zoom:
- Open the video in your browser (in a new window rather than a new tab).
- Open Zoom for PC or Mac
- Zoom for the web (including on Chromebooks) does not provide the ability to share / play videos
- The Zoom app for tablets and phones (Android and iOS) are problematic in sharing video
- Share your screen, using Zoom, choosing the browser window in which your video is open.
- Begin playing the video.