How do I connect to UNCW's wireless network?
Connecting to Hawkwifi:
- View available networks on your device and select Hawkwifi.
- Enter your UNCW username and password.
- Accept security certificate, if prompted to do so.
- Domain is UNCW if prompted to enter it.
Connecting to SeahawkGuest:
- View available networks on your device and select SeahawkGuest.
- Open a browser, you will be redirected to the access agreement page.
- If you are not automatically redirected, you can type 188.8.131.52 into the address bar and press enter to reach the agreement page.
- If you agree to abide by the listed conditions, click accept.
- Your connection will be active for 1 hour, bandwidth limited, and unable to access UNCW resources.
- You will have to disconnect, reconnect and re-accept the agreement after the hour expires.
This secure network can be used by visiting faculty, staff and students if their educational institution is a participant. All UNCW faculty, staff and students can securely access the Internet from any other participating educational institution worldwide via the eduroam network.
See UNCW's ITSD "Connect to UNCW's Wireless Networks" webpage for more assistance.