First, find a streaming video:
- Start with the Randall Library guide to streaming videos (look under Locating Streaming Video at the top of the guide). It links to a page where you can search for videos as well as view a list of Randall Library’s streaming video databases that you may browse.
- If you already know the title of a video you would like to show, you can use the library catalog and search by title to see if Randall Library provides access to it.
- Verify that the link to the video works by clicking on the View streaming video link:
- If the video does not play, contact your liaison librarian and they will troubleshoot, and, if necessary, purchase the video for our collection.
Playing the video in Zoom:
- Open the video in your browser (in a new window rather than a new tab).
- Open Zoom for PC or Mac
- Zoom for the web (including on Chromebooks) does not provide the ability to share / play videos
- The Zoom app for tablets and phones (Android and iOS) are problematic in sharing video
- Share your screen, using Zoom, choosing the browser window in which your video is open.
- Begin playing the video.
Other Helpful Resources: