FlashLIT Contest Rules
If any of these rules or formatting guidelines are not followed, your submission will be automatically disqualified.
- Must be a UNCW student, currently enrolled.
- 500 words or less.
- Must include the theme of “generations.” Must mention Randall Library.
- Submissions due by Wednesday, February 1st at 5:00 p.m. EST.
- One entry per student.
- Double spaced, 12 pt., Times New Roman, 1-inch margins on all sides.
- Use one tab to indicate every paragraph indent.
- Section breaks should be notated by (***).
- Turn off all auto-formatting features (such as automatic paragraph indenting, outlining, bullet points).
- Enter only one space after terminal punctuation. If you used two spaces, search/replace to update your file.
- For dashes, use em-dash character with no space on either side, or use two hyphens, and we’ll search and replace the em-dash during typesetting.
- For any special characters or glyphs, such as trademark symbols, accents, or irregular punctuation, please note them by highlighting them in yellow with MS Word's "text highlight color" feature.
- Files should be saved and submitted as follows: lastname_firstname.docx.
- Submit a .docx version of your submission via this form.
NOTE: Edits and revisions will NOT be allowed after submissions. Please be sure that your piece is fully edited before submitting.
Questions? sclippae [at] uncw.edu (Contact Eva Sclippa).
You must sign the release form before submitting your work.