- Make sure the Status of the item is "Available." If the status is something other than available, learn what that status means and what actions you can take.
- Write down (or text yourself) the Location and the Call # for your item. You might think of the "Location" as the "Neighborhood" the item resides in and the "Call Number" as the "Address" of the item.
- View our Library Floor Maps for a general idea of library locations and call # arrangement.
More about Finding Music in the Library
Music CDs are searchable in the Library Catalog. For best results, use the Advanced Search and limit your searches to a material type "CD SOUND."
Need more advanced music searching tips? Visit "Music Resources in the Library Catalog"
How to find Music CDs in the Library
- CD's are located on the second floor of Randall Library. View map.
- Unlike a music store, library CDs are arranged on the shelves by Library of Congress Subject Headings.
How to find Audiobooks in the Library
- Audiobooks are located on the first floor of Randall Library, near the featured new books. View map.
- They are also arranged by Call #.