Randall Library will be open to UNCW students, staff and faculty beginning on August 10 with modified building and service hours.
Please visit our Remote Library Services page for more information about remote library support for teaching, learning and research, as well as answers to frequently asked questions about services such as returning books, accessing the physical collection, and using our online collections.
Welcome Back, Seahawks!
Transcripts of this video can be found at https://library.uncw.edu/resources/covid_19
- Card access (UNCW OneCard) will be required for entry.
- Approximately 50% of our seating capacity (700 seats) available to students to comply with social distancing guidelines.
- Study and computing furniture with be spaced 6 feet apart and students will be expected to study alone.
- Group study rooms and lounges will be closed during the pandemic.
- The building will be open with limited hours:
- Monday – Thursday, 8:00AM – 9:00PM
- Friday, 8:00AM – 6:00PM
- Saturday, Closed
- Sunday, 12:00PM – 9:00PM
- Find hours information for our Research Help Desk and Circulation Desk
- The Circulation Desk and Research Help Desk will be open with limited hours.
- Self-checkout of library materials is encouraged. There will be a self-checkout machine on the first floor, near the Circulation desk.
- Whiteboard markers will not be available for checkout. Instead, there will be a limited supply of markers placed in common areas for use.
- A remote bookdrop will be available to return items adjacent to the Circulation Desk.
- Due dates have been extended to August 21 and fines were not assessed during the library's closure.
- Please note that returned materials will not be removed from accounts immediately as staff are working limited hours in the building.
- The Digital Makerspace will have reduced hours and capacity. Please visit https://digitalmakerspace.uncw.edu/
- Archives and Special Collections services are by appointment only, Monday – Friday, 9:00AM to 5:00PM. Please visit https://library.uncw.edu/archives_special
- There will be no in-building library programming or events; however Randall will be hosting a number of virtual programs throughout the fall, starting with Make It @ Randall on September 2nd.
Cleaning & Other Requirements
- Library users are required to wear face masks inside the building. A limited supply of masks will be available at the Circulation Desk and Research Help Desk.
- Housekeeping staff will regularly clean the building, with a focus on high-touch surfaces. Specialized teams will be cleaning the restrooms.
- Library staff will be disinfecting computer stations periodically.
- Library users are encouraged to:
- Wash hands often, for 20 seconds, with soap and water.
- Use hand sanitizer as needed.
- Wipe down surfaces before use. Disinfectant wipes will be located throughout the building.
- Follow social distancing protocols, remaining 6 feet apart.
- Follow one-way traffic patterns on stairwells, and throughout the library.