Randall Library will be open to UNCW students, staff and faculty beginning on August 10 with modified building and service hours.
- Card access (UNCW OneCard) will be required for entry.
- Approximately 50% of our seating capacity (700 seats) available to students to comply with social distancing guidelines.
- Study and computing furniture with be spaced 6 feet apart and students will be expected to study alone.
- Group study rooms and lounges will be closed during the pandemic.
- The building will be open with limited hours:
- Monday – Thursday, 8:00AM – 12:00AM
- Friday, 8:00AM – 6:00PM
- Saturday, Closed
- Sunday, 12:00PM – 12:00AM
- Find hours information for our Research Help Desk and Circulation Desk
- The Circulation Desk and Research Help Desk will be open with limited hours.
- Self-checkout of library materials is encouraged. There will be a self-checkout machine on the first floor, near the Circulation desk.
- Whiteboard markers will not be available for checkout. Instead, there will be a limited supply of markers placed in common areas for use.
- A remote bookdrop will be available to return items adjacent to the Circulation Desk.
- The Digital Makerspace will have reduced hours and capacity. Please visit https://digitalmakerspace.uncw.edu/
- Archives and Special Collections services are by appointment only, Monday – Friday, 9:00AM to 5:00PM. Please visit https://library.uncw.edu/archives_special
- There will be no in-building library programming or events; however Randall will be hosting a number of virtual programs throughout the fall, starting with Make It @ Randall on August 26.
Cleaning & Other Requirements
- Library users are required to wear face masks inside the building. A limited supply of masks will be available at the Circulation Desk and Research Help Desk.
- Housekeeping staff will regularly clean the building, with a focus on high-touch surfaces. Specialized teams will be cleaning the restrooms.
- Library staff will be disinfecting computer stations periodically.
- Library users are encouraged to:
- Wash hands often, for 20 seconds, with soap and water.
- Use hand sanitizer as needed.
- Wipe down surfaces before use. Disinfectant wipes will be located throughout the building.
- Follow social distancing protocols, remaining 6 feet apart.
- Follow one-way traffic patterns on stairwells, and throughout the library.