The library will continue to update this page with additional or new information as needed.
Please visit our Remote Library Services page for more information about remote library support for teaching, learning and research, as well as answers to frequently asked questions about services such as returning books, accessing the physical collection, and using our online collections.
- Randall Library is closed to faculty, staff, students and the community. Remote support will remain available and you can reach us by email, chat, or text.
- The Faculty Commons, Distance Education Classroom, Honors Classroom, Library Instruction Classrooms, and the Auditorium are not available to be used or reserved while the library is closed. Any current reservations are canceled until the Library reopens.
- Due dates have been extended to August 21 and fines will not be assessed during the library's closure.
- You may return materials to the book return slot to the left of the library's main entrance or the book drop located in Parking Lot D.
- If you have left the Wilmington area, you may request a prepaid return label by filling out this form.
- Please note that returned materials will not be removed from accounts immediately as staff are working limited hours in the building.
- Request items for the library's physical collection through the contactless pick-up service.
- ILL staff can scan a specific chapter or section of a book in the library's physical collection and deliver it electronically. Please complete the Article/Book Chapter request form.
- Fines will not be assessed during the library's closure. Specific questions about library fines and fees can be directed to rlcirculation [at] uncw.edu.
- As is the case for the rest of UNCW, the library faculty and staff are following the guidelines that the campus has set for teleworking. We hope that students, faculty, and staff prioritize requests for assistance and collections with that in mind. Our highest priority at the moment is supporting the teaching and learning goals of the university.
Using the Library Remotely
- Please visit UNCW's coronavirus website for more information.