Due to noise and safety concerns, Randall Library will close Friday, May 4 through Sunday, May 13 (after spring semester exams end and before summer session I begins) to provide construction crews with an opportunity to focus on completing the most disruptive aspects of the fire alarm and restroom construction projects. The library closure will include only six business/working days during intersession, and every effort will be made to support library patrons’ needs during that time. All online resources, virtual library services and ITS/TAC services will remain fully operational. Please check with the other units located in Randall Library (Center for Teaching Excellence, Honors College, iPrint, UNCW Early College Coordinator & Liaison) for their location and availability during this time.
During the closure:
- Library items can be returned at our external book drop, located adjacent to parking lot D.
- You can contact us via email, phone or chat: http://library.uncw.edu/ask. We will monitor and respond to inquires during normal business hours.
- Course Reserve processing will be suspended during the closure.
- Items on hold will not be available to pick up during the closure.
- Please plan on renewing, returning items, picking up holds and placing course reserve requests before Thursday, May 3.
- Interlibrary Loan will process requests for electronic documents during the closure. Borrowing of physical items will be suspended Monday, April 30 through Friday, May 4. ILL staff will attempt to fill requests for scans from books and journals in the library collection by borrowing electronic documents, when possible.
- Special Collections and University Archives reference assistance will be suspended during the closure.
Questions/concerns? Please email libref [at] uncw.edu.