Instructional Services Classrooms
Randall Library Policy for Scheduling Rooms 1022 and 1039
This policy defines the appropriate use of Randall Library rooms 1022 and 1039. These rooms are primarily reserved for library instruction and workshops led by Randall Library faculty and staff. In special circumstances, the rooms may be reserved by UNCW faculty or staff as outlined below.
- Randall Library rooms #1022 and #1039 are primarily reserved for library instruction, workshops, and other Randall Library activities.
- RL 1022 is equipped with a laptop cart containing 25 Dell laptops; RL 1039 is equipped with 25 Dell desktops. Students, faculty, and staff are invited to bring their own devices to use.
- Other UNCW faculty and staff may request to reserve the room on a case-by-case basis by emailing rlfacility [at] uncw.edu.
- If the room is available to be reserved, a confirmation email will be sent, typically within 24 hours.
- Reservation requests may be denied, particularly during peak library instruction periods such as the first half of fall and spring semesters.
- Neither room can be reserved for a semester-long course.
- Neither room is available when the library is closed.
- RL 1022 and 1039 may not be reserved by groups that are not affiliated with UNCW. Such groups should refer to the UNCW Facilities Use Policy: http://www.uncw.edu/policies/documents/02_140_FaciltyPolicy_Jan2010.pdf.
- Visitors of the room should adhere to the following guidelines when using either room:
- Food and drink are NOT allowed in either room.
- Please keep the room clean and neat.
- Log off all workstations, shut down the projection system and turn off lights when you are finished.
- Computers cannot be reconfigured and no software may be added to or removed from any of the computers.
- If visitors wish to use the laptop cart or need assistance with any technology in the room, they must indicate that in the reservation.
- If there is a technical issue during the reservation time, AV Technology assistance can be summoned through a callbox located in each room.
All questions about these classrooms may be directed to the Building and Operations Manager, Christopher Rhodes, rhodesc [at] uncw.edu.
For visitor use of other library spaces please see: https://library.uncw.edu/policies/facilities_equipment_use_policies
For visitor use of other campus spaces please see: https://events.uncw.edu/EmsWebApp/