The Technology Enhanced Collaboration Space (TECS) is located on the first floor of Randall Library in room #1045. TECS is intended for collaborative work or study, including presentation and practice, and specifically for groups, defined as two or more users actively using the room. The room has a capacity for 30 people and includes the following equipment*:
- High-Definition LCD projector with 8' wide projection screen
- Amplifier and ceiling speakers
- Presentation command center and multimedia hub (including touchscreen control system, wireless keyboard and mouse, DVD/VCR and Blu-ray player, iPod and mobile device inputs, laptop connection, and HD widescreen monitor)
- Two desktop computers with dual widescreen HD monitors.
- The room can be reserved (see below) but when not reserved, TECS is available on a first come, first serve basis. Users without reservations must leave when requested by a group with proof of valid reservation (such as email or text message confirmation). Groups always take priority over single users.
- TECS is to be used for legitimate academic purposes that support the instruction, research, and study needs of the University community.
- The TECS may be reserved online via the Group Study Room Reservation system (http://library.uncw.edu/room_reservations) under the tab labeled “Tech EnhancedCollab Space.”
- Only UNCW students, faculty and staff can reserve the TECS. A campus email username and password is required for making reservations in the online system.
- Reservations are for a maximum of two (2) hours a day per user. One (1) reservation per user per day is allowed, and no more than two (2) reservations a week can be made.
- Reservations can be made up to two (2) weeks in advance.
- When not reserved, the TECS is available on a first come, first serve basis.
- TECS users without a reservation must vacate the room when requested by a group of UNCW faculty, staff or students with a valid reservation.
- TECS can be reserved anytime the library is open. The room must be vacated 15 minutes before the library closes.
- If at least 2 members of your group do not arrive within 15 minutes of your reservation, the reservation is forfeited and the room reverts to first-come, first serve usage until the next scheduled reservation. Please follow the instructions to cancel unneeded reservations.
- Reservations must be placed through the online system, not via email or phone. Library staff cannot make or modify reservations or provide information about private reservation details.
- To access the control cabinet in the TECS (allowing use of the projector and presentation station), groups must checkout the “RL 1045 Key Kit” from the Randall Library Circulation Desk.
- The RL 1045 Key Kit consists of: Console key, room instructions, 2 AA batteries (for the wireless keyboard)
- The control cabinet must be closed and locked at the end of the session.
- The kit may be borrowed from for a period of 2 hours and may not be removed from the library.
- No holds, renewals, or overnight checkout are allowed.
- Overdue fines for the kit are $1.00 per hour, up to $10.00.
- TECS users must comply with the Library's Facilities and Equipment Use policies.
- Problems with the space or equipment should be reported to the Research Help Desk or Circulation Desk.
- Users are responsible for their personal property at all times, and should never leave items unattended. The Library is not liable for loss or damage to personal property.
Library materials checked out to your account should be treated as personal belongings; you may be assessed overdue and replacement fees if they go missing from a room.
- TECS users must maintain a moderate noise level - rooms are not soundproof, and loud talking disturbs other users outside the room. Media volume should be kept low.
- Food and drink in covered containers are acceptable. Please clean up after yourselves.
- Users of the TECS must clean up after themselves and leave the room in good condition for the next users, including returning furniture to the places it was found in, erasing the white board etc.
- Users of the TECS, as with all Library resources, must comply with official University policies, http://www.uncw.edu/policies. Failure to follow these policies, or other applicable Library policies, may result in a temporary or permanent suspension of access to the TEC or other group study rooms.