Group Study Room Use and Reservation Policies
- Group study rooms may be reserved and used by currently enrolled students, staff and faculty of UNCW. A campus email username and password account is required for making reservations in the online system.
- Reservations are for a maximum of two hours a day per group, and no more than 2 reservations per group per week.
- Reservations can be made up to 2 weeks in advance.
- The rooms can be reserved anytime the library is open. Rooms must be vacated 15 minutes before the library closes.
- If you or a member of your group does not arrive within 15 minutes of your reservation, the reservation is forfeited and the room reverts to first-come, first serve usage until the next scheduled reservation. Please follow the instructions to cancel unneeded reservations.
- Reservations must be placed through the online system, not via email or phone. Library staff cannot make or modify reservations or provide information about private reservation details.
- When not reserved, Group Study Rooms are available on a first come, first serve basis. Group study room users without reservations must leave when requested by an individual or group with proof of valid reservation (such as email or text message confirmation).
- The Group Study Rooms are to be used for legitimate academic purposes that support the instruction, research, and study needs of the University community.
- Users are responsible for their personal property at all times, and should never leave items unattended. The Library is not liable for loss or damage to personal property.
- Group Study Room users must maintain a moderate noise level - rooms are not soundproof, and loud talking disturbs other users in adjoining rooms and outside the rooms. Second floor study rooms are located on the designated Quiet Floor; please be considerate of students quietly studying.
- Drinks are acceptable but food should be eaten in designated area (Port City Java or outside portico).
Visit the Group Study Room Reservations page to view the reservation calendar or to make a reservation.
View the Facilities & Equipment Use Policies.
View the Room Use & Reservation Policies for the Technology Enhanced Collaboration Space (Room 1045).