Online & Distance Education Librarian
Research and Instructional Services
Department & Unit Liaison:
Primary contact librarian for
- Theatre students (research guides)
- Distance learning students & faculty
Schedule a Meeting
I'm glad to meet with you face-to-face in the library, on the phone, or virtually over UNCW Zoom.
Schedule a meeting with me online or email me at ivinst [at] uncw.edu (subject: Appointment%20request) .
Teaching & Research Philosophies
- I believe finding sources that are "good enough" is not enough. We should strive to find best & most insightful sources that inform us about a topic and with which we can engage/argue/agree with.
- I believe that it is not enough to communicate well. Communication is meaningless if we have nothing of value to share, including uninformed opinions. Research is how we learn more about a topic & the views of others, which allows us to shape our own opinions into something of value to communicate.
- I believe that I was an idiot when I was an undergraduate student, because I never asked a librarian for help on my research.
- M.A. Conflict Management and Resolution, University of North Carolina Wilmington, expected 2020
- M.A. Library Science, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2011
- B.S. Theatre/Classical Studies, Davidson College NC, 2007