The CGP is the finding tool for federal publications that includes descriptive records for historical and current publications and provides direct links to those that are available online. Users can search by authoring agency, title, subject, and general key word. The catalog offers you the option to find a nearby Federal depository library that has a particular publication or that can provide expert assistance in finding and using related U.S. government information.
More than 500,000 records generated since July 1976 are contained in the CGP and it is updated daily. The catalog will grow to include records for publications dating back to the late 1800s, making the CGP the central point for locating new and historical Government publications.
- Direct links to online versions of publications from the cataloging record
- "Locate a Library" feature within each record to find a nearby Federal depository where a particular publication or expert assistance can be found
- Robust search engine
- Basic, Advanced, and Expert search options
- Searches can be narrowed to specific collections or formats, such as maps, Congressional, or Internet publications
- Search results or selected records can be e-mailed
1976 - present; updated continuously