Randall Library generally does not purchase textbooks for UNCW classes, but the library does have some textbooks. In order to determine if your textbook is available in the Library, follow the steps on the Find Textbooks page.
Changes Due to COVID-19 for Faculty & Instructors
Due to ongoing health & safety concerns around shared materials during COVID-19, we are encouraging faculty to identify alternatives to physical reserves for the Fall 2020 semester. This will ensure that students in face to face, hybrid, and online courses all have equitable access. If you need help finding suitable online options for course materials, please contact your library liaison.
When online options are not available, we will make physical reserves available for students.Processing times may be impacted and access to reserve materials is dependent on evolving Circulation Desk hours and Randall Library operating hours. With the changing dynamics of the pandemic, we cannot guarantee access will not change during the semester.
These materials cannot be mailed, scanned, or emailed to students. To place a reserve request please fill out this form.
For Faculty & Instructors
Randall Library’s e-reserve service was discontinued at the end of the 2018 Spring Semester. Library mediated electronic reserve use has dramatically decreased over the last few years as faculty have moved to manage their own course content online. Faculty who would like to provide electronic access to course materials may use the University’s Canvas course management system to do so. The library discontinued the practice of posting reserve reading lists in individual course sites in Canvas.
- Randall Library will continue to assist with the scanning of personal course related materials. To place a request, email rlcirculation [at] uncw.edu.
- To receive help with linking to library resources within Canvas, contact your liaison librarian.
- To receive assistance with posting other types of materials within Canvas, contact the Office of E-Learning at e-learning [at] uncw.edu or (910) 962-2953.
- To request scans from books and journals in the Randall Library collection for personal, academic use, please submit an request through the online Interlibrary Loan system: ILLiad.
- To receive help selecting course resources contact your liaison librarian.
- Information on copyright compliance may be found on the Office of General Counsel website. Copyright questions and concerns may be directed to Nicole Tekulve, Associate Director Library User Experience for Access and Spaces at tekulven [at] uncw.edu or (910) 962-3271.
- Contact Course Reserves staff at rlcirculation [at] uncw.edu or 962-7854.