Randall Library generally does not purchase textbooks for UNCW classes, but the library does have some textbooks. In order to determine if your textbook is available in the Library, follow the steps on the Find Textbooks page.
FAQs for Course Reserves
For Faculty & Instructors
Randall Library’s e-reserve service was discontinued at the end of the 2018 Spring Semester. Library mediated electronic reserve use has dramatically decreased over the last few years as faculty have moved to manage their own course content online. Faculty who would like to provide electronic access to course materials may use the University’s Canvas course management system to do so. The library discontinued the practice of posting reserve reading lists in individual course sites in Canvas.
- Randall Library will continue to assist with the scanning of personal course related materials. To place a request, email rlcirculation [at] uncw.edu.
- To receive help with linking to library resources within Canvas, contact your liaison librarian.
- To receive assistance with posting other types of materials within Canvas, contact the Office of E-Learning at e-learning [at] uncw.edu or (910) 962-2953.
- To request scans from books and journals in the Randall Library collection for personal, academic use, please submit an request through the online Interlibrary Loan system: ILLiad.
- To receive help selecting course resources contact your liaison librarian.
- Information on copyright compliance may be found on the Office of General Counsel website. Copyright questions and concerns may be directed to Nicole Tekulve, Associate Director Library User Experience for Access and Spaces at tekulven [at] uncw.edu or (910) 962-3271.
- Contact Course Reserves staff at rlcirculation [at] uncw.edu or 962-7854.