Brings together over sixty years of authoritative congressional reporting in one, easy-to-use resource. The site pairs all of the content from the print volumes with a number of exciting electronic features and functions that make navigating this immense amount of content fast and easy.
Since it was first published in 1946, CQ Almanac has been the definitive annual reference for studying the U.S. Congress. Building on the reporting and analysis done throughout the year by CQ's award-winning news staff, the Almanac offers original narrative accounts of every major piece of legislation that lawmakers considered during a congressional session. Arranged thematically, CQ Almanac organizes, distills, and cross-indexes for permanent reference the full year in Congress and in national politics. Its clear and concise language makes the Almanac an essential resource for scholars, journalists, interested citizens, and students of the U.S. legislative system.
- Renowned and authoritative coverage of the people, elections, legislation, and controversies in the U.S. Congress from 1945-2006
- Accessible, in-depth review and analysis of legislation and policy for each year, organized by policy area
- Comprehensive roll call votes for all major legislation
- An unbiased look at the issues that mattered most in a given year
The Online Edition
The CQ Almanac Online Edition brings together over sixty years of authoritative congressional reporting in one, easy-to-use resource. The site pairs all of the content from the print volumes with a number of exciting electronic features and functions that make navigating this immense amount of content fast and easy. And while certain idiosyncrasies have occurred between volumes over the years, efforts have been made to create a uniform interface that facilitates searching and browsing of all content. With the online edition users can:
- Navigate with ease through 60 years of congressional coverage
- Access tables, graphs, and charts that help explain the issues
- Browse by subject, decade, or by a particular year's table of contents
- Use Policy Tracker to explore a specific policy topic and see how it has changed over the years
- Save useful documents or frequent searches for future consultation
- Automatically generate citations in four styles with CQ Press's CiteNow! feature
To learn more about the photographs used in the CQ Almanac Online Edition please visit the credits page.