This collection provides over 23,000 high quality streaming videos on business & economics, health & medicine, humanities & social sciences, and science & mathematics, as well as travel and fitness programming, home and how-to videos, indie films, and popular music performances. The videos include BBC documentaries, Oscar, Emmy and Peabody award winning documentaries plus interviews, instructional and vocational training videos, historical speeches and newsreels. This resource combines the Films on Demand Master Academic Collection, Master Public Library Collection, and Master Career & Technical Education Collection, as well as specific titles subscribed to by UNCW, into one interface.
You can search for specific video segments, organize videos into folders, and create personal playlists for others to view. You can also integrate videos directly into Blackboard Learn. The videos include public performance rights and can be shown on campus or in the library to students, faculty, patrons, and community members. UNCW subscribes to 23 titles in the areas of Area Studies, Business & Economics, Communication, English & Language Arts, Health & Medicine, History, Political Science and Sociology.
• Captioning and cross-searchable interactive transcripts on all titles
• iPad, PC, Mac, and Android friendly
• Public performance rights
• Citations in MLA, CMS, and APA formats, with EasyBib integration for up-to-date citation creation and export
• Ability to embed persistent and authenticated video clips into course management systems such as Blackboard
• Create and share personalized playlists using segments from multiple videos
Films Media Group