Developed in memory of our beloved colleague, Anne Pemberton, a fierce advocate for student success, the Student Research and Creativity Award is intended to promote undergraduate scholarship and creativity in the areas in which she was passionate.
The award is given in recognition of an outstanding research, scholarly, or creative work in any academic discipline by an undergraduate student or students that addresses one or more of the following areas: mental health; wellness; mindfulness; substance abuse or recovery; social justice; antiracism; or diversity, equity, and inclusion. The winning entry will receive $500 funded by UNCW Randall Library’s Anne Pemberton Student Research and Creativity Award fund.
Please consider making a gift in honor of Anne Pemberton to support this award.
Applications will open in January 2024
Key Dates and Times
- Application Form Due: February
- Notification of Winner: March
- Presentation of project at a Showcase of Student Research and Creativity sponsored by CSURF, and held every semester.
Application Submission Requirements
- Applicant(s) Information
- Project or paper; this could be final version of paper, project, or detailed literature review and research project description.
- Written or video reflection describing the student(s)' research strategies
- Bibliography in citation format appropriate to project’s discipline
- Clarity and organization
- Evidence supporting claims
- Integration of ideas and viewpoints
- Search process and strategy
- Resource and source use and type
- Reference style and formatting