ChemDraw Professional is a tool for chemists and biologists to create chemical drawings for use in ELNs, databases and publications and for querying chemical databases such as SciFinder.
UNCW's site license agreement with ChemDraw allows access only to current students, faculty, and staff. You must download and install the Chemdraw software.
- Use the search box to look for University of North Carolina Wilmington
- The first option will say Register to download the latest version of ChemDraw. Click the register button.
- Fill out the registration form and click on Register. The account ID number is filled out automatically.
- If you wish to download any of the additional subscriptions (ChemOffice+, Signals Notebook, ChemDraw Cloud) click the second option that shows those products.
- You will receive a welcome email with a link to create your password. If you do not receive the email within a couple of minutes after registering, go back to the login page (https://perkinelmer.flexnetoperations.com/) and use the Password Finder option.
- Once you create or reset your password, proceed to the download center. Your Login ID will be your email address.
- From the Product List, select ChemOffice/ChemDraw Products.
- Click on ChemOffice+.
- On the Latest Version tab, click the licensed product again. If you need to download an older version, click the Prior versions tab.
- Scroll down on the page and select the correct download option for your Operating System (Windows or Mac).
- To start the download, click on the corresponding file name from the “File Name” column.
- If there was a previous version installed (17.x or later) it may not prompt you for activation. If it does ask for activation, go to the Order History option on the left side pane and select the applicable order number (use the most recent one).
- Once you click the order number, look for the activation code on the right-side and copy it in case is needed later.
- Once the download is completed, navigate to your Downloads folder to begin the installation.
If you are experiencing issues accessing the PerkinElmer website or following these instructions, please contact Sarah Mueth at mueths [at] uncw.edu.