Friends of UNCW
Welcome to the William Madison Randall Library.
Active members of the Board of Directors of the Friends of UNCW may be issued a Borrower's Card without charge at the Circulation Desk after completing a brief registration process. Library privileges expire at the end of a board member's term.
How to borrow materials
- Present your Randall Library Borrower's Card for each transaction.
- Borrowing privileges are not transferable, with one exception. High school students enrolled in grades 9-12 may be added as an authorized user to an adult parent's or guardian's borrower's card. By sponsoring their child, the parent or guardian assumes responsibility for the return of all materials and the payment of any charges assessed for damage or over dues. To check out materials, the high school student should present their parent's or guardian's borrower card and their high school identification card or driver's license at the Randall Library Circulation Desk.
- Borrowers are responsible for materials borrowed until they are returned to the Library. Lost or damaged material must be paid for and replacement cost as well as a $15 non-refundable billing fee for each item will be assessed.
- Most materials may be renewed by bringing them to the Circulation Desk. Unless overdue or requested by another user, materials may also be renewed by telephone (962-3272), or by using the Library's online system (access My Library Record,)
- Materials from the following collections may not be borrowed for out-of-building use: Periodicals Collection, Reference Collection and items in the reserve collection.
- No holds (i.e.. requests for items already checked out) are allowed.
- Friends are not eligible for Interlibrary Borrowing services.
- Friends are not eligible for laptop or checkout.
- Friends are not eligible for Reserve material checkout.
The loan period is:
- 28 days for books from the general and juvenile collections and for government documents
- 21 days for books from the featured new books collection
- For audiovisual materials is the loan period is 7 days
- Reference items and periodicals must be used in the building.
- You may renew overdue materials online (access My Library Record) by phone (910-962-3272), or in-person but if another person has placed a hold (request) on an item, renewal is not permitted.
- A/V Renewals: Renewals for videos, DVD's, CDs and audiobooks are limited to two (2) per item.
- If items are not renewed or returned by the due date, replacement costs will be issued for items that are at least 14 days overdue. The bill will include the replacement cost and a $15 non-refundable overdue fee per item. If items are returned to the Library within two months after a bill has been issued, a waiver of the replacement charge(s) may be requested but the non-refundable fee(s) will not be waived.
- Please inquire at the Research Help Desk for assistance in using the Library. We hope that you will enjoy using the Randall Library.
- Questions about this policy may be addressed to rlcirculation [at] uncw.edu.