Outreach and Engagement Librarian
Phone: (910) 962-0520
Office Location: RL 2071
- Choose a Database to search: By name | By subject
- Get articles delivered to you through Interlibrary Loan
Transparent Language Online provides a fun, effective, and engaging experience for learners of all levels looking to build their listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills in a foreign language. Combining robust courses, supplemental vocabulary, extensive grammar resources, and mobile apps, Transparent Language Online is the most complete language-learning system. With over 110 languages to choose from, including English for speakers of over 30 languages, there is something for every learner.
BBC - Languages
This website offers free tools for learning a new language. Learn essential phrases in 36 languages; take a self-paced online beginner's course in French, German, Spanish, or Italian; also offers a "phrase of the day" and foreign-language TV.
Use Other Libraries
- National Libraries of the World
- The European Library
Searches the content of European national libraries.
- Gateway to Library Catalogs Z39.50 - Library of Congress
Search the Library of Congress Online Catalog and other catalogs worldwide that use Z39.50. Z39.50 is a national and international (ISO 23950) standard defining a protocol for computer-to-computer information retrieval.
Libweb lists home pages of "real world" libraries. Find public, state, academic, special & school, national, organizations, regional consortia, and international libraries.
Online Writing & Learning
Online Writing & Learning (OWL) -- Writing Services at the University Learning Center offers several online resources for student writers at UNCW.
Selected Resources for Country Information:
- Kiss, bow, or shake hands : the bestselling guide to doing business in more than 60 countries - Print
- Kiss, bow, or shake hands : Europe : how to do business in 25 European countries - Print
- Statesman's Yearbook - Print and Online
- CultureGrams - Print
- World Fact Book - Online