- eReaders are available for checkout to current UNCW students, faculty, and staff with a valid UNCW OneCard.
- You can go to the Circulation Desk and ask for a eReader. Click here to check Nook and Kindle availability.
- Checkout Period is 2 weeks (14 days) with no renewals and no holds.
- Learn more about eReaders
Find Your Librarian
Randall Library offers many services for faculty to enrich university scholarship, teaching, and research. Please see the services below, or contact your department's Liaison Librarian who can assist you with all of your information needs.
Creating Journal and Article Alerts
Many library databases will alert you when new records satisfying specific search criteria (e.g., journal title or keywords) are added. Click on the "alert" or "RSS" links on the results pages. You may need to save your search or view your search history in order to access these features. You will be asked to create a free account with the licensed database provider. For help setting up article alerts using library databases, contact your liaison librarian.
New Title Alerts
We offer subject-based RSS feeds of new titles (Books, CDs, DVDs and Government Documents) that are updated on a monthly basis.
Format Follows Function
Visit our Recently Added Books, Videos, CDs... page to view the library’s most recent additions, including pdf printer-ready lists, subject based RSS feeds and a Virtual New Arrivals Shelf.
Bridges to Information Literacy
The Bridges to Information Literacy portal, created by Randall Library, provides resources to the UNCW faculty to facilitate the incorporation of information literacy into the curriculum. Resources addressing the information literacy requirements of specific academic departments and guides on the creation of Student Learning Outcome (SLO’s) are included.
Applied Learning Gallery
The Applied Learning Gallery highlights exemplary applied learning projects taking place at UNCW. The site features selected examples of applied learning experiences as described by students themselves. It is intended to be a long-term effort that will grow with new additions over the coming years and will include archival capabilities for looking at the great applied learning activities of our students in a searchable database. Created in partnership between Undergraduate Studies (ETEAL, Honors/CSURF, OIP, CTE), Randall Library, and the Career Center.
To access library Databases (such as JSTOR) from off-campus:
- Start at the library website and use the links provided on our Articles & Databases page, or in our Library Catalog.
- When you select a licensed resource from our website, you may be prompted to log in.
- To log in, please enter: Your campus username (email address without the @uncw.edu part), your email password and select UNC Wilmington
- Once logged in, you will be automatically transferred to the database you selected.
Ordering Library Materials
To order books, videos, CDs, scores, and other library materials, please fill out the “Suggest a Purchase” form. You will receive an email copy of your submission, and an email acknowledgement when your request has been reviewed and ordered. You may also contact your Liaison Librarian for assistance in selecting materials and requesting orders.