To use WRDS, you must create an account:
- Go to https://wrds-www-wharton-upenn-edu.liblink.uncw.edu/
- Select the Register tab or link “Register for a WRDS Account.”
- Complete the Account Request form.
- Once you submit an Account Request, an email will be sent to your WRDS Representative, Nivine Richie, firstname.lastname@example.org
- After receiving approval, an account will be created and you will receive an e-mail message with a special URL and instructions for setting the account password and logging into WRDS. You will also be notified if the request has been denied.
- Log into WRDS.
- Begin using your new account.
Guides for using WRDS:
- How to Export into SAS (PDF)
- How to Import into SAS (PDF)
- How to Find Variables (PDF)
- How to Make a Code List (PDF)
- How to Perform a Code Lookup (PDF)
- How to Run a Data Query with Compustat (PDF)
- How to Run a Data Query with CRSP (PDF)
- How to use Conditional Statements (PDF)