Isaac Bear Early College Information Page
Welcome IBEC students and teachers!
Information for 9th & 10th Graders
We encourage your use of library materials, facilities, and reference services. IBEC students enrolled in grades 9-10, with sponsorship of a parent or guardian, may check out as many as four (4) items at a time from the following collections:
- General Collection
- Oversize Collection
- U.S. Documents (with some exceptions for items marked "Library Use Only")
- N.C. Documents (with some exceptions for items marked "Library Use Only")
- A/V Materials consisting of DVDs, VHS, CDs, and Audiobooks
IBEC students in the 9th and 10th grades are not eligible for computer lab use, laptop checkout, or other A/V equipment checkout. By sponsoring their child, the parent or guardian assumes responsibility for the return of all materials and the payment of any charges assessed for damage or overdues. A signed "Parental Authorization for Isaac Bear Early College Students" form is required prior to receiving lending privileges.
IBEC students will be issued a special borrower's card which must be presented to borrow materials. Privileges may be renewed annually as long as the student is enrolled in IBEC. IBEC students authorized to use the Library are subject to all policies and regulations of the Library and failure to adhere to these policies will result in revocation of use privileges.
Services & Resources for IBEC 9th and 10th Grade
IBEC 9th & 10th grade students may borrow books from most collections in the library.
The loan period is:
- 28 days for items from the general and juvenile collections and government documents
- DVDs, CDs, VHS, and audio books circulate for 7 days
- Reference items and periodicals must be used in the building
IBEC 9th and 10th grade students are not eligible for Reserve material checkout.
IBEC 9th and 10th grade students are not allowed in Randall Library between the hours of 10pm and 7am.
Access to Library Electronic Resources
As 9th & 10th grade IBEC students, you will not have access to electronic library resources in the building or from off campus.
- Video Overview of NHC CLASS Project: https://youtu.be/IIroZY1jmn4
- You will have access to electronic library resources from NC Live and NHCPL using your NHCPS student/lunch ID number.
- This is through a program called CLASS Project, https://libguides.nhcgov.com/c.php?g=924268&p=6661734
- To access NHC Library’s resources visit nhclibrary.org
Information for 11th & 12th Graders
11th and 12th grades and enrolled in UNCW courses have the same privileges as other UNCW students.
- For students, faculty, and staff at UNCW, there is no limit to the number of books you can check out from the General Collection.
- All users may check out an unlimited number of materials from Government Documents.
- Featured new books, DVDs, VHS tapes and CDs have a limit of 7 items checked out at one time, in any combination (for example, 4 DVDs and 3 CDs).
Services & Resources for IBEC 11th and 12th Grade
- Undergraduate students:
- 28 days for books from the general and juvenile collections and government documents.
- 21 days for books from the featured new books collection.
- DVDs, VHS tapes, CDs, and Audiobooks check out for 7 days for all users.