Isaac Bear Early College Information Page
Welcome IBEC students and teachers!
Information for 9th & 10th Graders
We encourage your use of library materials, facilities, and reference services. IBEC students enrolled in grades 9-10, with sponsorship of a parent or guardian, may check out as many as four (4) items at a time from the following collections:
- General Collection
- Oversize Collection
- U.S. Documents (with some exceptions for items marked "Library Use Only")
- N.C. Documents (with some exceptions for items marked "Library Use Only")
- A/V Materials consisting of DVDs, VHS, CDs, and Audiobooks
IBEC students in the 9th and 10th grades are not eligible for computer lab use, laptop checkout, or other A/V equipment checkout. By sponsoring their child, the parent or guardian assumes responsibility for the return of all materials and the payment of any charges assessed for damage or overdues. A signed "Parental Authorization for Isaac Bear Early College Students" form is required prior to receiving lending privileges. This form will take up to two weeks to process.
Please fill out the online Parental Authorization for Isaac Bear Early College Students form.
IBEC students will use their NHCPS issued ID card, which must be presented to borrow materials. Privileges may be renewed annually as long as the student is enrolled in IBEC. IBEC students authorized to use the Library are subject to all policies and regulations of the Library and failure to adhere to these policies will result in revocation of use privileges.
Information for 11th & 12th Graders
11th and 12th grades and enrolled in UNCW courses have the same privileges as other UNCW students.
- For students, faculty, and staff at UNCW, there is no limit to the number of books you can check out from the General Collection.
- All users may check out an unlimited number of materials from Government Documents.
- Featured new books, DVDs, VHS tapes and CDs have a limit of 7 items checked out at one time, in any combination (for example, 4 DVDs and 3 CDs)
IBEC 9th & 10th grade students may borrow books from most collections in the library.
The loan period is:
- 28 days for items from the general and juvenile collections and government documents
- DVDs, CDs, VHS, and audio books circulate for 7 days
- Reference items and periodicals must be used in the building
- Undergraduate students:
- 28 days for books from the general and juvenile collections and government documents.
- 21 days for books from the featured new books collection.
- DVDs, VHS tapes, CDs, and Audiobooks check out for 7 days for all users.
IBEC 9th and 10th grade students are not eligible for Reserve material checkout.
IBEC 9th and 10th grade students are not allowed in Randall Library between the hours of 10pm and 7am.
Access to Library Electronic Resources through New Hanover County Public Library
As 9th & 10th grade IBEC students, you will not have access to UNCW's electronic library resources in the building or from off campus.
- Video Overview of New Hanover County (NHC) CLASS Project: YouTube Link
IBEC Request for Library Instruction Session - https://library.uncw.edu/forms/ibec_request_library_instruction_session
Librarians at Randall Library can provide library instruction for courses being taught at Isaac Bear Early College and UNCW. Sessions may include, but are not limited to the following:
Be aware that during peak library instruction periods and times (including September, October, February, & March) our ability to handle large groups is limited.
Once you have completed the form, you will be contacted to confirm the time and date, and to discuss the session's content.