Welcome to the William Madison Randall Library
We encourage your use of library materials, facilities, and reference services.
Isaac Bear Early College Students (IBEC) enrolled in the 11th and 12th grades and enrolled in UNCW courses have the same privileges as other UNCW students.
IBEC students enrolled in grades 9-10, with sponsorship of a parent or guardian, may check out as many as four (4) items at a time from the following collections:
- General Collection
- Oversize Collection
- U.S. Documents (with some exceptions for items marked "Library Use Only")
- N.C. Documents (with some exceptions for items marked "Library Use Only")
- A/V Materials consisting of DVDs, VHS, CDs, and Audiobooks
IBEC students in the 9th and 10th grades are not eligible for computer lab use, laptop checkout, or other A/V equipment checkout.
By sponsoring their child, the parent or guardian assumes responsibility for the return of all materials and the payment of any charges assessed for damage or overdues. A signed Parental Authorization for Isaac Bear Early College Students form is required prior to receiving lending privileges. IBEC students will be issued a special borrower's card which must be presented to borrow materials. Privileges may be renewed annually as long as the student is enrolled in IBEC. IBEC students authorized to use the Library are subject to all policies and regulations of the Library and failure to adhere to these policies will result in revocation of use privileges.
IBEC students may borrow books from the general and juvenile collections and government documents.
The loan period is:
- 28 days for items from the general and juvenile collections and government documents
- DVDs, CDs, VHS, and audio books circulate for 7 days
- Reference items and periodicals must be used in the building
- IBEC Students are not eligible for Reserve material checkout.
- IBEC 9th and 10th grade students are not allowed in Randall Library between the hours of 10pm and 7am.
- IBEC students may renew overdue materials online (access My Library Record) by phone (910-962-3272), or in-person but if another person has placed a hold (request) on an item, renewal is not permitted.
- A/V Renewals: Renewals for videos, DVD's, CDs and audiobooks are limited to two (2) per item.
Overdue, Damage, and Replacement Charges
- If items are not renewed or returned by the due date, replacement costs will be issued for items that are at least 14 days overdue. The bill will include the replacement cost and a $15 non-refundable overdue fee per item. If items are returned to the Library within two months after a bill has been issued, a waiver of the replacement charge(s) may be requested but the non-refundable fee(s) will not be waived.
- Payment for library fines or fees may be made by check, cash (exact change only) or by Visa or MasterCard at the Library Help Desk unless the debt has been transferred to the Cashier's Office. Checks should be made out to UNCW.
- Borrowing privileges are blocked when an IBEC user has overdue books or library debt or may be revoked if a user continually has overdue books. Please renew or return your borrowed materials on time and in good condition!
Books may be returned in person anytime the library is open for business. There are also two outside book drops that are available 24/7 when classes are in session. One of the book drops is free standing and located in Parking Lot D, on the library's north side and the other is an in-building drop and located on the library's south side.
Please inquire at the Library Help Desk for assistance in using the Library.
Questions about this policy may be addressed to email@example.com.